Anybody tried this yet? Nifty little program that allows you to see your data on your PC rather than phone. Also allows you to reorder tiles, change colors, etc. Even allows for GPX export. Looks like he has some more features coming down the pike, too! Hopefully other developers will see this (and Pimp My Band), and jump on the 'Band'wagon (see what I did there? )
    02-03-2015 06:32 PM
    mentioned at end of this thread
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-band/321837-new-software-pc.html

hopefully we won't get a'band'oned by MS.

PS: I export the 'runs' to gpx data, then convert them with GPS Visualizer to kml and load them into the now free Google Earth Pro. Cool....
    some examples here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...ml#post2975623
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...ml#post2975632
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 02-07-2015 at 11:39 AM.
    Nate Silver, d0m1 and hysonmb like this.
    02-03-2015 06:39 PM
    Started using UnBand today seems to work sweet, only using it to get my info on my computer have not used it to change settings on my band may be when Im a little more comfortable with this off brand software.
    02-03-2015 08:51 PM
    Unband keeps searching for my band but can't seem to locate it....
    02-04-2015 11:52 AM
    mentioned at end of this thread
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-band/321837-new-software-pc.html

hopefully we won't get a'band'oned by MS.

PS: I export the 'runs' to gpx data, then convert them with GPS Visualizer to kml and load them into the now free Google Earth Pro. Cool....
    I don't see a link to unBand, can you post?

Thanks in advance!
    02-04-2015 11:57 AM
    Mhc48 open the unband program and plug in your band like you usually do
    02-04-2015 12:19 PM
    I don't see a link to unBand, can you post?

Thanks in advance!
    Unband
    on his site is the link to Microsoft Band Sync app
    which you need as well.

you use the charging cable and plug it into your PC (wasn't totally clear to me either first).
    ​cheers
    qa_ninja likes this.
    02-04-2015 03:39 PM
    Thanks Nate, this is awesome. I didn't spot any screen shots on the dev page -- anyone have something they can post?

​-Matt
    02-05-2015 06:54 PM
    Thanks Nate, this is awesome. I didn't spot any screen shots on the dev page -- anyone have something they can post?

​-Matt
    unBand unleashes the Microsoft Band for PC users with custom backgrounds, data export | Windows Central

​screenshots galore.....
    gadgetrants likes this.
    02-07-2015 11:37 AM
    I can't get it to open on my Win 8 desktop. It just crashes. Any hints?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    02-07-2015 06:59 PM

Not sure how much it helps but I installed the Microsoft Sync app first, and the unBand app works great (except for one small glitch, see below). FWIW I'm running Win 8.1.

The glitch: when viewing "Activity Data", toggling various activities on/off seems to have no effect when you click on the "Display your events below" button. I get them all -- on the other hand, the view 100 vs. view them all switch seems to work correctly.

Since it's a fairly easy step, I'd suggest re-installing. Also, here is the FAQ from the unBand page:

FAQ

1. "Windows protected your PC" - is this Malware?
      Nope, you'll notice that the code is full signed (which means it's trusted, and someone has verified that I am who I say I am), but it takes a while for Windows to begin trusting the new software. With time this will disappear.
    2. What data does the app collect?
      No information that can be used to identify you. We do collect:
      • Basic PC information (OS version, language)
      • App launch information
      • App usage information
      • Band configuration information (firmware versions etc)

This data is used for statistics so that we know what features are popular and what to invest in.
    3. App Crashes on Start
      Make sure to install the Microsoft Band Sync app for Windows
    4. App Still Crashes on Start
      Even though you have the Sync app installed, unBand still crashes. This is likely due to us not being able to find the Sync app.
      To solve this, copy Microsoft.Cargo.Client.Desktop8.dll from wherever it is installed toc:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Band Sync.
      You can also copy it to the same directory as unBand, search for it under%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
      Yup, we're going to work on a better solution...
    -Matt
    02-07-2015 07:38 PM
    Not sure how much it helps but I installed the Microsoft Sync app first, and the unBand app works great (except for one small glitch, see below). FWIW I'm running Win 8.1.

The glitch: when viewing "Activity Data", toggling various activities on/off seems to have no effect when you click on the "Display your events below" button. I get them all -- on the other hand, the view 100 vs. view them all switch seems to work correctly.

Since it's a fairly easy step, I'd suggest re-installing. Also, here is the FAQ from the unBand page:

-Matt
    The bug with me is similar except it ONLY shows sleep events, and one exercise event. It will not show anything else.
    02-07-2015 10:15 PM
    The bug with me is similar except it ONLY shows sleep events, and one exercise event. It will not show anything else.
    Just curious if you tried exporting? My guess is that you'd see the same issue but it might be worth trying.

​-Matt
    02-07-2015 10:32 PM
    Yea, tried that as well. did not work.
    02-07-2015 10:34 PM
    Yea, tried that as well. did not work.
    Guess your next step is pushing the "report problem" button. Seems to me they'll take the feedback seriously!

​-Matt
    02-07-2015 10:40 PM
    Guess your next step is pushing the "report problem" button. Seems to me they'll take the feedback seriously!

​-Matt
    Yea, I reported it earlier today. hopefully we will see this squashed pretty quick
    02-07-2015 10:42 PM

OK I'm an *****. I didn't read the part where I needed to install the Band Sync app first. Works fine now.

02-08-2015 11:07 PM
    I received an answer from the developer today. He stated that reading the steps is not part of the program yet, although he is working on it. That is why I am not seeing anything other than my sleep at the moment. I have not had a chance to do a GPS event yet, so that will come hopefully late next month.
    02-09-2015 12:01 AM
    I received an answer from the developer today. He stated that reading the steps is not part of the program yet, although he is working on it. That is why I am not seeing anything other than my sleep at the moment. I have not had a chance to do a GPS event yet, so that will come hopefully late next month.
    Ah! Of course that makes sense. So get out there and RUN!!!!!!!!! LOL

FWIW just wanted to note that unBand makes me very, very, very happy. I can now pull my workout data from the Band and upload it to Runkeeper with little/no tweaking necessary. Almost as good as actually syncing it!

-Matt
    02-09-2015 07:00 AM
    Ah! Of course that makes sense. So get out there and RUN!!!!!!!!! LOL

FWIW just wanted to note that unBand makes me very, very, very happy. I can now pull my workout data from the Band and upload it to Runkeeper with little/no tweaking necessary. Almost as good as actually syncing it!

-Matt
    I am just waiting for the weather to get warm enough for me to start my ride season. Might be the middle of next month. I really really hate being cold lol so I stop riding when the weather turns cold.
    02-11-2015 08:01 PM
    I am just waiting for the weather to get warm enough for me to start my ride season. Might be the middle of next month. I really really hate being cold lol so I stop riding when the weather turns cold.
    Not sure I sympathize -- if I can take a run in 10-degree weather with my dog, I'm sure you can figure something out. Actually I skipped my run on Tuesday, and tomorrow looks even colder (2F with the wind chill) so maybe I should hold off on lecturing you!

-Matt
    02-11-2015 08:24 PM
    Not sure I sympathize -- if I can take a run in 10-degree weather with my dog, I'm sure you can figure something out. Actually I skipped my run on Tuesday, and tomorrow looks even colder (2F with the wind chill) so maybe I should hold off on lecturing you!

-Matt
    I do have a medical condition that does stop me sometimes though. If I can keep warm, I have no issues, its getting the motivation to get warm enough to not have a flare of symptoms. I can say in some aspect that while others with MS may have a heat intolerance, I have the opposite lol. Stinks, sometimes but then I can go ride in 90* weather with no problems at all. I have had no excuse though as its been 70* most of this week, just laziness on my part.
    gadgetrants likes this.
    02-11-2015 10:54 PM
    Ah -- I knew eventually I would put my foot in my mouth! Well, please update us when you finally get off your lazy **** and get biking again. I think you'll be pleased with the data unBand provides, though I do wonder if the sampling frequency is somehow a bit less than what the phone app sees. If I eventually get off of my ****, I'd like to start a thread where I systematically highlight how it works (esp. in my case, moving data from unBand to Runkeeper).

-Matt
    02-12-2015 10:11 AM
    Ah -- I knew eventually I would put my foot in my mouth! Well, please update us when you finally get off your lazy **** and get biking again. I think you'll be pleased with the data unBand provides, though I do wonder if the sampling frequency is somehow a bit less than what the phone app sees. If I eventually get off of my ****, I'd like to start a thread where I systematically highlight how it works (esp. in my case, moving data from unBand to Runkeeper).

-Matt
    lol no worries. I am pretty open about my MS. Hopefully this weekend I might be able to get out for a quick spin at least around the block. Its supposed to be nice. All depends on what my wife has me doing.
    gadgetrants likes this.
    02-14-2015 02:27 AM
    I'm trying to get unBand to work but it seems the developers haven't been working on it for a while. Do you have a version of unBand and Microsoft Band Sync that currently works?

I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.
    03-11-2016 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD