Band won't stay powered and site won't let me service it

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Had my Band since release day and love it. Yesterday it started acting up and will only stay powered on for no longer than 10-15 seconds. Tried a hard reset and couldn't get it to power on at all until I through it back on the charger. Tried doing the online send it in for service but their site says they are having technical difficulties when I get to a certain step of the process. Gonna try again today.

Wonder if anyone has had similar issues with the Band and/or the sending it in for service from MS site?

MoshMast

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I had issues with my band charging (which in turn kept it from staying on). Will your band not hold a charge?

I fixed mine by cleaning the contacts on both the band and the charger with a light dosage of rubbing alcohol (make sure the charger isn't plugged in!).

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My Band appears to fully charge but it wont stay powered on. I ended up successfully sending it in for service. Also I had serious corrosion around the sensors so another reason just to send it back for fixin.

erucsbo

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Same problem. Wouldn't stay on for more than 40 seconds or so.
Tried the partial reset thing (hold down power and action button until the white arrows appear) and left it off for a long time.
Also charged to 100% and kept on the charger for a while.
Started a number of times and eventually started and stayed on about 16 hours ago.
Has powered itself off once in that time, but I immediately restarted it and it has been fine (also just did firmware update and except for being 1 hour behind the sync'd time has been running fine).

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I ended up successfully getting a service request online and sent it in. A little over week later, MSFT sent me a new Band.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999