02-11-2016 07:32 AM
147 1234 ...
tools
    I am about a week short of 2 months as well, and I just looked at it close for the first time in a while, and I have to say that the Band looks as good as it did 2 months ago. Shows no sign of wear whatsoever, and the charging contacts, as well as everything else, looks awesome. Hoping it stays that way for a while....
    Paul Stasik likes this.
    03-01-2015 07:59 PM
    I must be the most gentle person with my tech. Got a few little dings on the glossy non-screen part, but apart from that everything is immaculate.

I received my Band on Nov 1, 2014. I was one of the early adopters. Took this thing on a bunch of long hikes in the Appalachians and I wear it every day. No real sign of wear. I don't use a screen protector either-- I must just be careful.
    03-02-2015 10:27 AM
    Well, being that I got mine in the middle of winter, and it being do darn cold up here int he northeast, I've only been wearing long-sleeve shirts, so maybe that's another good reason why mine is holding up so well. I wear it every day, taking it off only in the morning for about an hour to throw it on the charger. We will see what happens when, OR IF, it gets warmer...
    03-02-2015 10:31 AM
    ..when I bought it from him, it had both the battery areas starting to separate when the band is flexed open..
    Attachment 97407
    My band looks similar on both sides. are these the batteries? somebody have a solution for this issue? Maybe glueing it?
    03-03-2015 03:08 PM
    Ive had mine since day one. Wanted to post these two pics i just took showing how the scratches are all around the bezel with none on the display itself even though many of those scratches continue from one bezel across to the other side
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20150303_18_32_01_pro-1.jpg   wp_20150303_18_32_16_pro-1.jpg  
    03-03-2015 11:01 PM
    Ive had mine since day one. Wanted to post these two pics i just took showing how the scratches are all around the bezel with none on the display itself even though many of those scratches continue from one bezel across to the other side
    Looks identical to mine.

​-Matt
    03-04-2015 07:24 AM
    I'm having the same problem with staying powered on. I am sending it in for service.
    03-07-2015 05:59 PM
    Had mine since early January and it still looks mostly new. Have some corrosion on the GSR around the charging contacts, but that seems to be common, and isn't affecting functionality.
    03-10-2015 09:31 AM
    I am also having the issue with power. Randomly the device will power off. Sometimes it will charge other times it will not. I can even place it on the charger it says it is charging and without moving it; it stops. Sometimes it will only charge from USB, sometimes only from a USB power plug, sometimes only from computer. I can't keep up with it. For anyone that has sent one in; how long did it take you to get your replacement? I am trying to hand in there until it goes DOA.

EDIT: It also likes to turn itself off a few seconds after I unhook it from power. Only minor bubbling on the charging port.
    03-11-2015 09:10 AM
    Mine is having the same issues with powering off and charging.. Literally sounds exactly like what is going on with mine. The charging is sporadic and it powers off on its own immediately after charging and then randomly throughout the day. I've tried resetting it, unregistering it and everything else. Still not working right. Any suggestions? I have the Microsoft care warranty so I could replace it but I can't figure out how to replicate the issues.
    03-15-2015 04:10 PM
    I just had the same thing powering off by its self and hard charging. They are sending me a replacement said they had not heard of this, and were very interested in finding the cause, call in they will exchange them after a tech verifies the problem I spent 45min on the phone and now have a new band delivery tomorrow morning
    03-15-2015 08:57 PM
    Hey bksalt, just sent you a PM. Was wondering what number you used?
    03-16-2015 08:06 AM
    bittercold I didn't get your PM
    03-16-2015 10:57 AM
    Mine is doing the power off thing too along with hard to charge issues. Spoke with online support. They made me reload software and do a firmware refresh; hold both buttons for 20 seconds. Seemed to fix the charge issue for about a day. Maybe I was lucky but it's back to doing the same power off/charge issue again. Time to call MS and get this thing replaced.
    03-17-2015 01:12 PM
    They replaced mine quickly Hopefully they will check it out and come up with a fix. With the corrosion and bubbling on the charging and BP sensor Im thinking about coating the metal area,s with car wax to try to keep the sweat from reacting to the metal.
    03-17-2015 02:43 PM
    They replaced mine quickly Hopefully they will check it out and come up with a fix. With the corrosion and bubbling on the charging and BP sensor Im thinking about coating the metal area,s with car wax to try to keep the sweat from reacting to the metal.
    I just use scotch tape
    03-17-2015 02:56 PM
    Do all the sensors still work? I use mine for gym workouts and cycling and tread mill. Don't the charging contacts get gummy?
    03-17-2015 04:03 PM
    Do all the sensors still work? I use mine for gym workouts and cycling and tread mill. Don't the charging contacts get gummy?
    I just started using the tape today. I'll check later for such issues.
    03-17-2015 04:24 PM
    Considering Microsoft claim this is a '24/7' wearable, I would be a little cheesed off, if mine looked like the OP's. I have one on Pre order (UK). Laws exist (certainly in the UK) that products should be of 'reasonable quality'.
    920Walker and jojoe42 like this.
    03-18-2015 01:39 PM
    Mine was doing great until today. I've had it since November. A little bubbling on the charger port/HR area. Screen suddenly decided it didn't want to turn on. Still was able to sync with it and saw there was still like 80% battery. I didn't have a charging cable at work so I didn't try a hardware/factory reset. I brought it into the MS store near me and they exchanged it on the spot after verifying that it wouldn't turn on. Luckily they had stock for my size.
    920Walker likes this.
    03-18-2015 04:58 PM
    Considering Microsoft claim this is a '24/7' wearable, I would be a little cheesed off, if mine looked like the OP's. I have one on Pre order (UK). Laws exist (certainly in the UK) that products should be of 'reasonable quality'.
    A lot of people don't realize that they have metal allergies. The watch will last with proper care if you don't have a metal allergy. If you do, different story. You'll need to take much more careful care with an allergy.
    03-19-2015 09:24 AM
    Just got my replacement band the other day. Fast and easy. Just remember if you do the advance exchange they are going to put a hold on you account for roughly $207. The only thing different with this one is the haptic feedback feels weaker and sometimes it works better than not. Had to jack it from medium to high.
    03-26-2015 08:18 AM
    So they got you another Band? I have had mine about 2 weeks working great
    03-26-2015 12:30 PM
    Hey there,

I'm not owning a band, so I can't properly contribute to this thread with pictures, but I can't seem to notice how the rubberized parts look.
    I own a Logitech Harmony One universal remote and it too has a rubberized bottom. I've owned it for more than four years now and I think it was after 2 and a half that the rubber started to show "wear and tear". It looks like the rubber got "warm" and my Palm was imprinted in it as you can see in the picture below. It looks nearly identical to the pictures of the OP.
    And everybody should know that a universal remote is by far nothing that you hold for five hours straight in your hand so the sweat can change the structure.

wp_20150328_21_50_45_raw.jpg
    wp_20150328_21_50_58_raw.jpg

(sorry for the ugly flash, but otherwise you can't see the warping properly)

I never cleaned the remote with alcohol wipes, nor any other chemicals. The only thing it was touched by were my pretty normal hands and a soft cloth from time to time to rub off the grease that accumulates on the gloss finish. The rubber was never touched. The "tearing" occurs due to pushing around on the table but you should be able to make out the warping and change of structure where it usually gets hold. FYI: I never hold the remote on that spot with my palm, but nevertheless it looks or at least feels like it has that structure imprinted from my hand. You can see the "top" of the remote is perfectly clean and smooth because it's not used as much or because the rubber is different there.
    Additionally: The battery pack sits in the black gloss bulk and partially where the rubber starts to warp. So in my personal opinion, it could be caused by that maybe?

Back to the Band:
    From the reviews and pretty ugly teardowns on the internet I've come to understand that the batteries rest on the side of the band where that exact rubber disintegration is happening. Maybe the batteries are causing something like that? I'm no export on that but maybe it's due to the heating and cooling of the batteries that the rubber is not proper for that job?

Just throwing some ideas in the ring.

Regards,
    gadgetrants likes this.
    03-28-2015 04:00 PM
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for the helpful post! Do let us know if you decide to get one.

-Matt
    03-28-2015 04:22 PM
147 1234 ...