The "How's your Band holding up" thread

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So, will MSFT replace the rubber battery covers if you wanted to send in and pay?
I just got off a chat session with the MSFT support person, no offer to let me send it in and pay for the repair. The rubber skins are seen as cosmetic, and do not affect functionality. Basically said to live with it.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So like 7 weeks into the band and I have some stain/discoloration on the silver metal part of the charger contact. Also two tiny little bumps on the edge that I can't remember if they were there before or not.

Uhoh, it's starting! :) I wipe it down with a wet cloth after work outs and any other time it feels a bit like it's been on my wrist a while. Otherwise I don't pay too much attention to it

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Anthony, similar situation here (except 6 months). My advice: avoid looking at the Band closely as much as possible, and try to ignore the issue until your hand remains attached to your wrist by only a bit of skin. :grincry: Then call MS and complain. Also include pictures.

-Matt

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea I'm not worrying about it :) Probably won't even bother with calling MS about it ever.

Just thought I'd add an additional data point :D

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, my Band was holding up fine until this happened today.

WP_20150507_003.jpg

I've had it since November and have had no issues with it before this. Guess I'll need to make a trip to the MS Store.

-Skippy

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
well my heart rate LED's gave out last night. I think there is a loose connection in the wrist strap, if you move the clasp around you can get it to turn on, but when its in a normal position it stops. I am stopping by the kiosk tomorrow to get a replacement. I luckily was able to get the insurance on it.

It still picks up my heart rate, but it takes a long time to acquire it, and it looses it quickly if the band is moved.

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My battery connector is a little beat, but still functioning. The battery compartments (I guess) are starting to mess up and I haven't been able to stop by my local MSFT store yet. I bought it the Friday after it came out - on Halloween! I swore I bought the insurance, but I looked at my receipt the other day and apparently I didn't! :unhappysweat: I was in the groove nerding out and they could have charged me for a SP3 and I wouldn't have noticed, only my wife would have a month later. Anyone think I'll have luck getting these fixed/replaced?

WP_20150508_07_50_28_Pro.jpg

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ouch! Did you have extra warranty? Looking forward to hearing positive experience for you here!

I do have the extra warranty, but I don't need it. I called the MS Store where I bought it and they say it will be replaced under the manufacture's warranty. I just need to find the time to drive over there in the next day or two to pick up my new one.

-Skippy

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke with MS support and I am getting my second replacement shipped. I believe what is happening with mine is a battery separation issue and sweat getting inside the band. See pic below.

What happens is the screen gets white streaks and then the bend becomes unresponsive. This is the second time this has happened and MS is replacing it with minimal questions. I truly believe this is a design flaw.

20150521_121132.jpg

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke with MS support and I am getting my second replacement shipped. I believe what is happening with mine is a battery separation issue and sweat getting inside the band. See pic below.

What happens is the screen gets white streaks and then the bend becomes unresponsive. This is the second time this has happened and MS is replacing it with minimal questions. I truly believe this is a design flaw.

That's happening to mine... do have the added coverage?

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I should add, Microsoft replaced my band with the dead led's under manuf. warranty. He said that there was no damage to the band, and so was able to do so.

Madame_X

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm having to send mine back for replacement for the second time due to the bubbling on the charging plate. I'm having trouble charging it. On top of that, for the past month or so it powers itself off about a minute after I remove it from the charger every single day. If I don't remember to power it back on, I get no data, which makes it basically worthless.

This will be my second replacement (the first was for a faulty heart rate sensor). Sadly, I think I'm going to sell it when the replacement comes in. I'm sure the corrosion will happen again and it might be out of warranty the next time it effects the charging.

For what it's worth, I clean my Band every single day and gently wipe the contacts with a Q-tip moistened with alcohol a couple times a week. The metal must have some sort of reaction with some peoples' skin as I've seen this issue posted on here many times, but it doesn't seem to happen to everyone.

threewulfmoon

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine since Christmas. Mines been wonky lately. Wouldn't charge up beyond 80% and then it died after about an hour. Put it on charge, and it came back to life and said battery is low. I have corrosion/bubbling on the charging port, and the Band itself has a few places where it is peeling. Screen is still pristine.

I'm going to get mine replaced under warranty and I have Complete on it as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo