The "How's your Band holding up" thread

pil71

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
My workout involves a log of wrist movements. About 2 weeks ago, the plastic started separating from the joint with HR sensor and yesterday whole HR sensory got ripped off during exercise. I exchanged it on the warranty but likely will sell it. Band can not withstand repeated wrist bending.

Suggs68

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Had mine since launch day. Heavy daily use. Lots of long runs/sweating, sleep with it often, usually have it on most of the day. Zagg screen protector is still in good shape and the band itself (sensors, clasp, etc) is still in very good shape. Some minor wear (light scuffs) on the band, but that's about it (knock on wood)

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Got mine early January and it looks mostly new. I am getting the bumps on the metal band around the charging contacts as well. not sure if this will be a problem down the line or not, but I have Microsoft complete, so I'm not worried.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Preordered mine when it was first available.

There is bubbling on the inner sides and the metal charging plate is pitting and developing bumps causing the charger not position itself correctly.

Otherwise, the Band is outperforming my expectations and the new updates are making it better and better. I'm overall pleased with the Band and hope that Band v2 will correct these defects.

Attachments

• WP_20150228_12_00_33_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150228_12_00_33_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • WP_20150228_11_58_22_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150228_11_58_22_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm about a week short of having had mine for two months and it started peeling overnight last night on the inside rubber. I've had some various bumps on the charging plate, but those haven't affected anything negatively. Considering using a warranty replacement to fix the peeling. (I have Complete too, though that shouldn't be affected yet, right?)

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I am about a week short of 2 months as well, and I just looked at it close for the first time in a while, and I have to say that the Band looks as good as it did 2 months ago. Shows no sign of wear whatsoever, and the charging contacts, as well as everything else, looks awesome. Hoping it stays that way for a while....

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I must be the most gentle person with my tech. Got a few little dings on the glossy non-screen part, but apart from that everything is immaculate.

I received my Band on Nov 1, 2014. I was one of the early adopters. Took this thing on a bunch of long hikes in the Appalachians and I wear it every day. No real sign of wear. I don't use a screen protector either-- I must just be careful.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, being that I got mine in the middle of winter, and it being do darn cold up here int he northeast, I've only been wearing long-sleeve shirts, so maybe that's another good reason why mine is holding up so well. I wear it every day, taking it off only in the morning for about an hour to throw it on the charger. We will see what happens when, OR IF, it gets warmer...

zoom44

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Ive had mine since day one. Wanted to post these two pics i just took showing how the scratches are all around the bezel with none on the display itself even though many of those scratches continue from one bezel across to the other side

Attachments

• WP_20150303_18_32_01_Pro 1.jpg
    WP_20150303_18_32_01_Pro 1.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 15
  • WP_20150303_18_32_16_Pro 1.jpg
    WP_20150303_18_32_16_Pro 1.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 15

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Ive had mine since day one. Wanted to post these two pics i just took showing how the scratches are all around the bezel with none on the display itself even though many of those scratches continue from one bezel across to the other side
Looks identical to mine.

​-Matt

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Had mine since early January and it still looks mostly new. Have some corrosion on the GSR around the charging contacts, but that seems to be common, and isn't affecting functionality.

bittercold

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I am also having the issue with power. Randomly the device will power off. Sometimes it will charge other times it will not. I can even place it on the charger it says it is charging and without moving it; it stops. Sometimes it will only charge from USB, sometimes only from a USB power plug, sometimes only from computer. I can't keep up with it. For anyone that has sent one in; how long did it take you to get your replacement? I am trying to hand in there until it goes DOA.

EDIT: It also likes to turn itself off a few seconds after I unhook it from power. Only minor bubbling on the charging port.

Matt Loucks

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine is having the same issues with powering off and charging.. Literally sounds exactly like what is going on with mine. The charging is sporadic and it powers off on its own immediately after charging and then randomly throughout the day. I've tried resetting it, unregistering it and everything else. Still not working right. Any suggestions? I have the Microsoft care warranty so I could replace it but I can't figure out how to replicate the issues.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I just had the same thing powering off by its self and hard charging. They are sending me a replacement said they had not heard of this, and were very interested in finding the cause, call in they will exchange them after a tech verifies the problem I spent 45min on the phone and now have a new band delivery tomorrow morning

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine is doing the power off thing too along with hard to charge issues. Spoke with online support. They made me reload software and do a firmware refresh; hold both buttons for 20 seconds. Seemed to fix the charge issue for about a day. Maybe I was lucky but it's back to doing the same power off/charge issue again. Time to call MS and get this thing replaced.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
They replaced mine quickly Hopefully they will check it out and come up with a fix. With the corrosion and bubbling on the charging and BP sensor Im thinking about coating the metal area,s with car wax to try to keep the sweat from reacting to the metal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss