The "How's your Band holding up" thread

IIDXholic

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi there everyone just wanted to see how everyone's Band is holding up. I've had mine for 4 months already(Nov 21st, the day I got out the hospital to be exact) , and just wanted to share some pictures. I'm in the Military, and my job is half office work pushing paper, and warehouse work with heavy physical labor. I think with mine I have typical wear and tear, but where the Band latches, the rubber is coming apart, to where I can peel it back. I think this is due to sweat running down my long sleeve uniform

WP_20150212_15_43_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20150212_15_43_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20150212_15_43_45_Pro.jpg

wp_20150212_15_43_54_pro.jpg

band.jpg

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Overall, not too bad. At least you've escaped the full-on peeling some owners have, either over the battery cover or that even scarier metal-erosion looking thingie.

Anyway, not sure why, but mine looks pretty much like the day I bought it (early November too I think). The only glaring exception (of course!) is the soft plastic bezel around the screen, which is a huge mess of scratches. However, to those with screen protectors: I like going naked (cell phones too) and there is not a scratch to be found on the glass itself.

​-Matt

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi there everyone just wanted to see how everyone's Band is holding up. I've had mine for 4 months already(Nov 21st, the day I got out the hospital to be exact) , and just wanted to share some pictures. I'm in the Military, and my job is half office work pushing paper, and warehouse work with heavy physical labor. I think with mine I have typical wear and tear, but where the Band latches, the rubber is coming apart, to where I can peel it back. I think this is due to sweat running down my long sleeve uniform

View attachment 96777

View attachment 96778

View attachment 96779

View attachment 96780

View attachment 96781

Wow - that's some serious wear on your Band. I've had mine since mid-Dec and it looks pretty new apart from minor scratches around the bezel of the screen.

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine looks much better than that but only had it since Christmas.

Have you guys thought of repairing with heat shrink tubing and or Sugru?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine since the day they were released. I wear it 24/7 except to charge. With the exception of the screen protector which is getting a bit ragged it is fine.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
The Band dosnt hold up nearly as well as the fitbit flex which I have used for 3yrs still looks new and my Band which is 4 months old and looking tattered

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Got mine on release date and physically has held up well. I did have some corrosion on the sensors. I ended sending it in last week because I was having issues with it staying powered on. My gf has had hers since Nov also and still looks great. The only thing she has had to do is replace screen protector three times

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The Band dosnt hold up nearly as well as the fitbit flex which I have used for 3yrs still looks new and my Band which is 4 months old and looking tattered

Well my wife's fitbit band split after only 3 months of use, so they're not all that great.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My screen protector didn't apply correctly for some reason and fell off on the 1st day, so it does have a few nicks on the screen. Otherwise the Band still looks like new. I got it just in the 2nd week of November. The only real issue is the battery charger connection area, it doesn't always make contact and can be a pain. I really hope they come up with something different for the Band 2 if they make one.

I wear my Band all day everyday. I only take it off for showers/charging. I still love the thing, and people notice it all the time (normally they ask if it's a fitbit).

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
My band is showing wear on the inside, where the bulky bit on each side is fastened to the main band near the screen. There are two tiny screws that seem like they need fastening. I assume this is from bending to put the band on, but I don't know how to put the band on without putting pressure on those points!

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
First off, thank you OP for your service. I spent 8 years in supply for the Marines... so I know what your day is like.

Like most stores, my local store at the time never seemed to have them in stock, so after a month of waiting I couldn't wait any longer. I bought my Jan. 1st from a guy who said he never wore his... when I bought it from him, it had both the battery areas starting to separate when the band is flexed open.

Besides that, my band is still in great condition... I did have to replace the screen protector this past weekend because that was pealing off, but the guy at the MS replaced if for me, no charge.
WP_20150216_005.jpg

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Like most stores, my local store at the time never seemed to have them in stock, so after a month of waiting I couldn't wait any longer. I bought my Jan. 1st from a guy who said he never wore his... when I bought it from him, it had both the battery areas starting to separate when the band is flexed open.
I think what you're describing is pretty standard -- my assumption is that the lift in that area is a feature, not a bug. :) Mine looks exactly the same and I think other owners have posted similar shots.

-Matt

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
when I bought it from him, it had both the battery areas starting to separate when the band is flexed open.
yeah, that is exactly what I see on mine, both sides towards the charging area. The screws seem to be snug and not loose. It seems to be adhesive that failed after some time. I got mine in November when it came out.
WP_20150216_21_09_04_Pro (400x243).jpg

I am also seeing corrosion starting on the metal parts on both the charging area and the sensor (bumps). I replaced my screen protector twice already because it peels off after some time. Skinomi sells a 6pack for $10 on Amazon and they work well.
WP_20150216_21_07_32_Pro (400x315).jpg

My thought is that MS is probably holding back with producing large batches until these issues are resolved - maybe with a version 2. I have Microsoft Complete with the band and I'm not overly concerned about the issues I have at this point. It's still fully functional. At some point I will explore an exchange (maybe by then v2 is the only band that is available ;) ).

Tim Stone

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I had to exchange my first one because the band material was peeling off and exposing metal. The second one has held up well.

I'm noticing that it is once again getting harder to start the charge process. I can think it's connected, and go back 90 minutes later to find it didn't charge at all. I think the contacts need a stronger cleaning agent than just a damp cloth, which is all that should be used on the band material itself.

Otherwise, it is holding up well. I have tried many other products out there, but for all around functionality, the Band beats them all. Also, Fitbit products seem to wear out quickly, and getting them replaced is often a major obstacle course. So far, a visit to a Microsoft Store seems to be about all one needs to do for an immediate solution to any Band issues.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Tim, make sure that all the pins of the charging plug have enough tension to push onto the charger. One of mine got slightly bent and I had some issues charging. I pulled it out enough with some tweezers.

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine was having issues charging. I took a dry qtip to the charging area on the band to clean it and that solved the issue. I think there was some sweat gunk built up there.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720