How do I sync my texts/emails/notifications again?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So sometime last week, I decided to upgrade my phone to windows 10 beta, but I noticed that it messed up my band. Now that I downgraded again, it wont sync texts/notifications anymore. It can only do a one way syncing and that is my sleep/walk to the phone, but never receive text or even call alerts.

There's gotta be something I'm missing here.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So sometime last week, I decided to upgrade my phone to windows 10 beta, but I noticed that it messed up my band. Now that I downgraded again, it wont sync texts/notifications anymore. It can only do a one way syncing and that is my sleep/walk to the phone, but never receive text or even call alerts.

There's gotta be something I'm missing here.

I did the same and reverted to 8.1 and had similar problems you describe. I fiddled a little with settings and removing Bluetooth device from phone etc. In the end I wasn't able to get everything back the way it was.
I decided to factory reset the Band and that worked. Follow the steps below if you tried everything else. Note that you have to remove it from your phone first (unregister, remove BT device then reset on Band). My band is now back to were it was.
How to factory reset the Microsoft Band | Windows Central
you will not loose your data that's already synced to the cloud. When you re-establish the connection with the Band to the Health app you will see your data.

Last edited:

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! tHAT WORKED. But that just made me think about something, if we factory reset the band on windows 10, will the band work? I'm not gonna find out tho.. too much time to do.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! tHAT WORKED. But that just made me think about something, if we factory reset the band on windows 10, will the band work? I'm not gonna find out tho.. too much time to do.
I tried, didn't work for me. There are currently limitations with notifications in W10 and the Band. Cortana is non-functional either. I personally switched back to 8.1 because of this.

​cheers

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
same here. It irritated me not receiving text messages. I've gotten used to looking at my wrist for messages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers