Watch UFC 245 Exclusively on ESPN+

Catch Every Moment of UFC 245 Experience UFC PPV events like never before with ESPN+ and save over 25%!

Expand Minimize
03-03-2015 08:36 AM
32 12
tools
    Microsoft just announced that you can link your Band/Health data to HealthVault. I think this is the feature I've been missing the most. I'm just starting to look at it now but it looks good.
    phirefly and mkg3 like this.
    02-23-2015 12:41 PM
    I just took a quick look and be heading back just wanted to see if this was posted yet
    02-23-2015 01:40 PM
    Looks good so far, updates the info pretty quick from what I've seen so far.

I still wish they would enable editing of runs... :(
    02-23-2015 01:59 PM
    Ok now what???

I have the Health and Healthvault apps (and connected, then logged in) on my iPh6+ but they are not communicating.

What updates pretty quick? So far nothing for me....

What am I doing wrong??? Thx.
    02-23-2015 02:07 PM
    Ok now what???

I have the Health and Healthvault apps (and connected, then logged in) on my iPh6+ but they are not communicating.

What updates pretty quick? So far nothing for me....

What am I doing wrong??? Thx.
    Not sure about the HealtVault app, but talking about the website: dashboard.microsofthealth.com

My Band hadn't synced with my iPhone 6+ in a few hours, and the data on Microsoft Health showed that, so I synced my Band, refreshed the Microsoft Health website, and the new data was there. Haven't messed with the HealthVault app yet.
    mkg3 likes this.
    02-23-2015 02:21 PM
    Nice! But it only imported about 3 days of sleep. Not the months of history in the Health App.
    02-23-2015 03:25 PM
    Mine is not giving current data just from 2/18/2015 back nothing after the 18th
    02-23-2015 05:30 PM
    Looks like it's linking exercise, and sleep. But not other things like my daily steps. At least it didn't import any.
    02-23-2015 06:46 PM
    Mine is connected, but has not uploaded ANY data. Sleep, steps ect.
    02-23-2015 09:21 PM
    Bought my Band yesterday and just signed up to HealthVault today. HealthVault shows nothing, but the Health Dashboard for the Band shows it's linked. I'm guessing there may be a few bugs to work out.
    02-23-2015 09:26 PM
    Still waiting for the update on my iPhone 6 +
    02-23-2015 10:25 PM
    At least for me it appears that not all data is syncing or consistently displaying. For example, steps sync and show, while a recorded run on my band has not sync'd. Not sure if it is the system still trying to catch up or if it is because I name my exercises shortly after completing them.

Sleep is syncing and current.
    02-24-2015 11:13 AM
    (Moving this over from a neighboring thread!)

OK, quick follow-up...started poking around in the HealthVault and here are some first impressions after linking it to the Health App:

- morning walk pretty much showed up right away
    - pretty scant data from the walk...basically time, distance, duration, calories, and some heart rate data
    - no option in the Exercise view to import from another source, also no map view
    - there's a nice tile on the Home screen that "graphs" the exercise; curious to see how that expands with more workouts
    - I had the option to rename my walk (it defaulted to "Running") but that change didn't propagate back to the Band Dashboard

- AHA!! just noticed while viewing Exercise that there's an option to view workouts as either List or Chart -- Chart view looks good (duration, distance, calories, and steps, though oddly the last is missing from my walk -- maybe that's normal for the Band)

A few other random observations:

- in the Weight view there's an option to import (e.g., CSV) -- that'll come in handy as I've been telling MFP for the last 3 months my daily weight (though getting it out of MFP will be a minor PITA).

- the Food and Drink view is really underpowered -- basically it's set up so you name a meal, and then enter total calories...not inviting at all...also no option to import -- that's a shame, I'd grown accustomed to entering in food data in MFP and was hoping to switch to the HealthVault
    - as a backdoor approach, I just tried Microsoft's Health and Fitness app (and they say Android is a FRAGMENTED OS) but anyway, even though H&F has a better interface for entering data (it has PopTarts in its database!!!) and I set it up to sync with my MS account, of course nothing showed up in the HealthVault (Hadn't there been rumors that MS was killing H&F anyway?)

Remember all this is focused on what's happening in HealthVault once you link it to your Band/Health account.

โ€‹-Matt
    โ€‹
    02-24-2015 11:28 AM
    Well, mine uploaded yesterdays steps to healthvault. I don't see any place in healthvault at all to see sleep though. I have all tiles turned on as well within the site
    02-24-2015 11:41 AM
    Well, mine uploaded yesterdays steps to healthvault. I don't see any place in healthvault at all to see sleep though. I have all tiles turned on as well within the site
    The Dashboard (https://dashboard.microsofthealth.com/) has a fabulous week and month view of sleep, but yeah I didn't spot anything sleep-related either in the HealthVault.

By the way, I don't get that line midway through the plot, shaded light above and dark below. What gives? EDIT: DUH, my bad, that's obviously the HR data in the background! On that note, regarding "Resting HR" during sleep, note that the Dashboard explains:

Resting heart rate refers to the measure of your heart rate after 10 minutes of rest or non-activity. Your resting HR may be lower while you are sleeping.
    This might potentially explain many of us have noticed that our "resting HR" tends to be significantly lower than an eyeball estimate of our "average HR" during sleep.

dashboardsleep.jpg

-Matt
    02-24-2015 12:22 PM
    Health vault and the dashboard are two different services.
    Healthvault.com. Health vault is an aggregator for all health stuffs including medicines, medical tests /procedure etc. I figured there was some miscommunication on what some of us were viewing.๐Ÿ˜
    gadgetrants likes this.
    02-24-2015 12:26 PM
    Bought my Band yesterday and just signed up to HealthVault today. HealthVault shows nothing, but the Health Dashboard for the Band shows it's linked. I'm guessing there may be a few bugs to work out.
    Ok, my stats are showing today! Gotta say, my timing of purchasing the Band (pure luck) was perfect!
    gadgetrants likes this.
    02-24-2015 01:42 PM
    Ok, now that it's been linked for a day, yesterday's steps is showing are showing in Health Vault - but none of the history. Bummer. But over time, that's probably not going to matter.
    02-24-2015 04:09 PM
    I don't see any place in healthvault at all to see sleep though.
    Measurements > Sleep sessions.
    gadgetrants likes this.
    02-24-2015 04:11 PM

Thanks!! Surprised its not an option to pin it. Looks like it showed last nights sleep only
    02-24-2015 04:16 PM
    I haven't seen update to iphone app yet, but on dashboard, I'm seeing all my history back through when I bought the band on 10/31. I'm seeing sleep, runs, workouts, calories, and steps. I've never done custom workout so other than missing sensors that have always been hidden I'm seeing everything I'd expect. The observation view in sleep and calories is pretty cool.
    02-24-2015 04:16 PM
    Health vault and the dashboard are two different services.
    Just to amplify on that: MS Heath/dashboard is a personal fitness thing.

MS HealthVault is doctor-level medical records and can be shared with your doctor(s) and other heath care providers. It can also integrate other sources of information, like blood glucose meters, blood pressure measurements, etc. It's been around for 7 years, but may not be that well known. The linking of Band data to medical care is one of the things that made me snag it the day it came out.
    02-24-2015 04:22 PM
    but on dashboard, I'm seeing all my history back through
    Dashboard: Full history.
    HealthVault: Limited (if any) history, but seems to record day-forward.
    02-24-2015 04:24 PM
    (Moving this over from a neighboring thread!)

- the Food and Drink view is really underpowered -- basically it's set up so you name a meal, and then enter total calories...not inviting at all...also no option to import -- that's a shame, I'd grown accustomed to entering in food data in MFP and was hoping to switch to the HealthVault
    - as a backdoor approach, I just tried Microsoft's Health and Fitness app (and they say Android is a FRAGMENTED OS) but anyway, even though H&F has a better interface for entering data (it has PopTarts in its database!!!) and I set it up to sync with my MS account, of course nothing showed up in the HealthVault (Hadn't there been rumors that MS was killing H&F anyway?)

Remember all this is focused on what's happening in HealthVault once you link it to your Band/Health account.

โ€‹-Matt
    โ€‹
    Health and Fitness used to be linked to HealthVault, but they unlinked it late last year for no apparent reason. When I got a Lumia with SensorCore it used to be perfect because the phone would track my calories burned throughout the day and I could manually input my food to see the calories I've consumed. If they could bring back H&F's integration, or add a user-friendly food input tool to the new Health app, then that would be great. I'm sure they could gain even more insights by not only tracking calories expended but also tracking calories consumed.
    gadgetrants and dgr_874 like this.
    02-25-2015 07:48 AM
    Either I'm losing my mind (which is entirely possible) or the the option wasn't there yesterday (but is clearly there now). I'm guessing -- since I linked HealthVault yesterday -- that it wasn't available until there was a night of sleep and voil now I see it and last night's data. So my sanity is at least temporarily intact.

โ€‹
    Health and Fitness used to be linked to HealthVault, but they unlinked it late last year for no apparent reason. When I got a Lumia with SensorCore it used to be perfect because the phone would track my calories burned throughout the day and I could manually input my food to see the calories I've consumed. If they could bring back H&F's integration, or add a user-friendly food input tool to the new Health app, then that would be great. I'm sure they could gain even more insights by not only tracking calories expended but also tracking calories consumed.
    Thanks, very helpful post! On a slight tangent, I have to admit I pretty much grasp the various services and options in front of us, so I'm ever so slightly irritated by the well-meaning attempts to explain the difference between, say, HealthVault and the new Dashboard, but (and this is a BIG BUT) we clearly don't come into the forum with datatsheets pinned to our foreheads that state what we do and don't know, so the attempts to educate one another (though sometimes a bit patronizing) are definitely a valuable community service, especially for new owners/forum members. By the way, I was praising your post -- it doesn't fall into the category I'm trying to politely characterize. Damn, I think I just went on a rant...sorry. I should probably try to get more sleep!

EDIT: please forgive the snarkiness above...I'm a mod on other forums and I should know better!

-Matt
    Last edited by gadgetrants; 02-27-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    02-25-2015 08:07 AM
32 12