Wristwatch and Band

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys wear both wristwatch and band on? I was going to wear a smart casual outfit so I decided to wear a wristwatch that matches my belt but I have my Band on my left wrist. I didn't think it would be okay to have both on same side any of you guys wear them like that?

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I wear my watch on the left wrist, and the Band on the right.

The watch mode is off and I use it strictly as fitness tracker and message monitor.

My watch, on-the-other-hand (no pun intended :) tells time at a glance (analog). I can symbolically, at a quick glance, know how much time is left or what time it is without having to read and figure out from digital display. I realize one can get used to reading and figuring out time remaining or get an equivalent feel from glancing a digital numbers quickly, but I don't want to.

The other thing is my watch is a very thin metallic timepiece that can slide under a shirt sleeve on my wrist without any cumbersome attempt to tell time - unlike Band which is thick and bulky and does not fit under the shirt sleeve or jacket very well.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I am retired in Florida so have no need for long sleeves or jackets so have no problem with using the band just push the button.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried watch on left wrist and Band on right but it didn't look right to me. I have heard the Band and other similar devices called 'right wrist devices' with the implication being that they complement, and are worn together with, a wristwatch but I think for me to consider wearing both together the Band would have to be less bulky.

It's interesting because I had intended to use the Band as purely a fitness thing, I'd put it on before exercising. But now I've been using it I find the notifications & Cortana integration to be much more useful during the day then I had anticipated so I'm wearing the Band more frequently. The Moto 360 & new Huawei Watch have me intrigued (if only they supported WP).

I think for me a 'Band' in the style of the Montblanc e-strap might be fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes