WhatsApp and MS Band?

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Very quick question, I don't have a MS band yet (may hold off until a second one is released). Does whatsapp work with the Microsoft band? Would like to be able to see and reply to messages like you can with phone calls and texts, if so I might be tempted to get one now.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I don't use WhatsApp but use Viber which acts the same. You can read notifications of messages but cannot reply from the band.

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
One other thing, if my phone is connect to the MS Band via bluetooth, will it connect to my car a the same time, or will I have to disconnect the band to play music in the car. If it's really easy (one touch) to turn bluetooth off on the band then that's no problem, just curious.

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
One other thing, if my phone is connect to the MS Band via bluetooth, will it connect to my car a the same time, or will I have to disconnect the band to play music in the car. If it's really easy (one touch) to turn bluetooth off on the band then that's no prob

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Both work - I use Whatsapp and get notifications from it there. Also it works with my car BT whilst connected to the band.

David

oezkanp

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
the only problem about whatsapp is that you get as a general notification. That means that if you get one message you will not get a second one untill you dont read the message also on your mobile

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Ah that's a bit annoying, I guess they'll sort that out in a future update though won't they. I have different sounds for different alerts too so I could just have a tone that I recognize as being a WhatsApp notification.

qdiegoq

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
How you can recibe the whatsapp or other phone unsupported notifications in MS Band with Android Phone ?

Can you help me?

Thanks!

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
So I finally got a MS Band (got the band 1 as it's so cheap now, might upgrade later), but my general notifications aren't showing on my notifications tile. It's enabled from the health app and I just did a test text message and those are coming through. Any suggestions?

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Never mind, coming through now. Was a problem with WhatsApp just needed to reboot phone (coincidence as I very rarely get that problem with WhatsApp!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss