Wearing On Dominant Wrist? Chime In!

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I am right handed and would normally wear the Band on my left wrist.
Problem is I have nice watches that I will NOT replace with the Band.
For those of you in the same situation and chosen to wear on your dominant hand how has it been?
Navigation especially the keyboard with opposite hand?
Writing with it on?
Scratched all to hell?
I am interested in feedback.
Thanks

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm a strange bird...a rightie who wears a watch on the right hand, so yeah that's where you'll find my Band.

- a PITA when I write or mouse (typing is not so bad)
- all scratched to hell, the bezel mainly (screen is great)

Haven't tried the watch/Band simultaneously on either arm yet.

-Matt

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
The main purpose for non-dominant hand placement is for more accurate step counting. The rationale is that your dominant arm experiences more movement (and more vigorous movement), resulting in the potential for more 'phantom' steps. On the other hand, if you feel that the device is under-counting steps, the dominant hand might give what you feel to be a more accurate count.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm left handed and I wear the band on my left. Main reason is I use a mouse with my right hand - something I do more often than actually writing.

flicker0x7

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
On a related note... I keep seeing the screen under the wrist in most pictures, does wearing it in reverse (like a normal watch) affect its readings, and is the under-the-wrist style actually comfortable?

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I am right handed and would normally wear the Band on my left wrist.
Problem is I have nice watches that I will NOT replace with the Band.
For those of you in the same situation and chosen to wear on your dominant hand how has it been?
Navigation especially the keyboard with opposite hand?
Writing with it on?
Scratched all to hell?
I am interested in feedback.
Thanks

Same. Wear my watch on the left and Band on the right, at the same time. For the most part, looks like I'm wearing ugly bracelet (shackle) on my right wrist.

Beat to hell - no. I'm pretty easy on stuff. But I don't wear it face down (inside wrist) as many do. I just can't get there - I've tried. Its worn face up as watches.

I do lots of things with my left so its pretty accurate, I believe. And I don't write much with a pen or pencil - most of my communications are keyboard/screen entries on laptop or iPhone.

Can't tell how Band keyboard would be since its not supported on iPh, but navigating the tiles - no problem with my left hand/fingers.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm right handed. I wear the band on my left arm, face inside, glance clock on, when I'm not wearing a watch. I wear the band on my right arm, face outside, glance clock off, when I'm at the office, or other occasions when I wear a traditional watch on my left hand. Seems to save the most vulnerable part of the band (the plastic head) a little bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos