Band "fit" questions

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, strongly considering getting a Band online via Best Buy or whoever, and hate buying anything that I can't "try on" first. I printed the "find your right size" paper, and it appears I'm a Medium, but curious as to what others have discovered about the size. I'm 6'0" and about 168 and would think I have normal wrist size, so curious as to how these gadgets are fitting on others. I do see it is adjustable to some degree, so at least there is a little flexibility there. Anyway, just curious about how these are fitting others. Thanks for any info that might be helpful.

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I just went to the Microsoft store last night to try on. Which I was surprise how light it was, but i'm 6'1 205 pounds and I was a medium size. I don't have huge wrist and the large was way to big. Hopes I was able to help.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
6'2' 190 - I thought for sure I would need the large, but like Kronus24, the large was too big for me. Normally, I have the clasp at about halfway on the medium and then I tighten it up when running.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
6'0", 200lbs....I have pretty big hands so I opted for the large size and fits perfectly. On daily use I have it set just about 3 quarters on, and for exercise typically tighten the clasp near all the way. My gf has the medium and she's average size/medium built and fits a little loose on her but she can tighten it enough to get proper metrics when exercising. If you have the option, like Kronos24 did, go in and try it on first to see what fits best.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.....no Microsoft store anywhere near me, so no opportunity to try it on. Sounds like medium will be the right option, although, I am 20 - 30 lbs less than most of the guys who responded. I can't imagine a small would be the option for me.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If you sized it and it said medium go with the medium I was borderline between medium and large and got the large on eBay. It fits fairly well on the tightest setting. There's a contest on Bing Rewards for a Band so I'm entering it and if I win I will get a medium to check out the fit and keep whichever one fits the best.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
5'5" 150lbs, tried on the Small, seemed too tight, went for the Medium. After 2 months I'm almost at the tightest point, so not sure if I should have went with a Small instead. Love the fit anyway....

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
From the print guide, what are the actual dimensions for the different sizes? No way to try the Band on in the UK until after launch and I need to make sure I get the right one.

ChemEngr

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Bone structure is more important for fit. I'm a small guy, but slightly big boned. I just followed the sizing guide. I noticed that the critical measurement is thickness of the wrist measured across the narrow width. Makes sense.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Bone structure is more important for fit. I'm a small guy, but slightly big boned. I just followed the sizing guide. I noticed that the critical measurement is thickness of the wrist measured across the narrow width. Makes sense.

Could you elaborate please? I did a wrist measurement with a ruler 📏 but that only gave me my wrist length and not which Band size it correlates to. 😞

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Could you elaborate please? I did a wrist measurement with a ruler 📏 but that only gave me my wrist length and not which Band size it correlates to. 😞

Place your hand and forearm flat on a table, then measure the height of your wrist from the table to the top part of your wrist. Small is 39mm, medium is 41mm and large is 49mm according to the website. The sizing correlates to the thickness of your wrist between the inside of your arm and the outside, it is not width or circumference.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Also depends on how you'd like to wear the Band. I don't like tightly fitted watches so Band fits like my watches. I'd fit into a medium at the MS store but chose large for two reasons:

1) At the tightest fitting of Large is about the same as mid point of medium so there is more flexibility on how tight or loose I can wear Band. Most of the time, its worn about 1/4" away from the tightest fitting - which allows Band to slide up and down on my wrist easily.

2) When working out with weights, I wear gloves. When wearing gloves (gym gloves are bulky, not like typical leather dress gloves), I can slide Band up beyond the wrist strap of the gym gloves by setting the latch to the wider/widest setting, and still have some movement.

So, it depends on wearing preference as well as the physical size.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Place your hand and forearm flat on a table, then measure the height of your wrist from the table to the top part of your wrist. Small is 39mm, medium is 41mm and large is 49mm according to the website. The sizing correlates to the thickness of your wrist between the inside of your arm and the outside, it is not width or circumference.
This. I've tried the paper guide, and I can't see how it can work. Parallax errors and all.

Really, it's based in the "height" of your wrist. So calipers would be best, but the above method should work as well.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I did the measurement with a ruler 📏 again (this time on the height of my wrist) and I'm like 37-39mm... I'm guessing I need small then? Jeez am I really that much of a skinny runt?

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think medium will fit the majority of wrists. I'm 5'8", 210lbs and have a large because they didn't have any mediums in stock after a month of trying to find one. The large fits, but is slightly loose even on the tightest setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb