Can't access web dashboard

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
When the Microsoft Health web Dashboard was announced I logged in and checked out out, all was fine, but I've tried again 6 or 7 times in the last week and I can't get in.

I click the link, log in and I'm redirected back to the main Band promo page, not the dashboard. Specifically I try to go here: https://dashboard.microsofthealth.com/ and get redirected here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...soft-band%2Fen-us%3Fnoband%3D1&token=urF6b_tI

I'm in Australia but I do use a DNS reverse proxy to appear as though I'm in the US for some services. I've tried with this on and off. I also contacted Microsoft support and they said they couldn't see why it wouldn't work world wide. I imagine that US residents on holiday in Australia would still want access to the web dashboard for example.

The Band & Health app on my phone still work fine.

Is anyone else having trouble?

Last edited:

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
try putting in a new password, If it says your name or email is not recognized than you been putting in the wrong information. If it lets you change your password than you been putting in the wrong password and have been redirected

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
try putting in a new password, If it says your name or email is not recognized than you been putting in the wrong information. If it lets you change your password than you been putting in the wrong password and have been redirected

Thanks. It's my Microsoft account and I can log in fine to other Microsoft services. I'm pretty sure the password is accepted because after entering that I go to the authenticator code screen because I have two factor authentication enabled. Usually an incorrect password stops me right on the login page with an error message.

I'll keep this as a backup option though if there are no other ideas. I'm just hesitant to change the password for my Microsoft account for fear of what will stop working.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Try to install the Microsoft Band Desktop Sync App ! :wink:

That did it. Thanks!

A bit crazy. I've never had the desktop app installed but I have logged in to the dashboard once before to check it out and then couldn't get in again for the last 2 weeks. I installed the desktop app this morning and the dashboard opened with no problem.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yup, same here after two days with my Band. After installing and logging into the Desktop sync app, it works perfectly.

A user in Microsoft's own discussion board said he had contact with the Band dev team and this has something to do with the first setup (registration of the account with MS Health) did not go through properly, so the dashboard would still think your account is not linked to Health yet.

But no idea why it worked the first two days without problems and then suddenly no longer without 'reregistering'

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue, I installed the desktop app month a go but just used one time, anyway few days ago the dashboard started working again.
Here in Italy

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Anybody else facing this problem?

I got my band two weeks ago and could get the dashboard for a couple of days but then it stopped working, it redirects me to the main page as described in the beginning of this post.
I un-installed/re-installed the desktop version but no luck. It must have something to do with the account as, at startup, I have to fill in my profile of the desktop version every time before it syncs my band...

Any suggestions...

Thanks,

Ton

gyhor

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Warning! Don't unregister your band.

Now my phone cannot find my band and the registration doesn't finish.
At the last step I get network error and the band writes 'almost there' and nothing more😨

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I spoke to the UK assistance. They know the issue caused by non US email accounts. It's not everyone, just sporadically this problem occurs. He didn't have a solution but asked my email address and gave me a ticket (number). No news since nor access to my dashboard...
par Tapatalk sur mon fabuleux Lumia 930

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb