What's in the box?

mikefeero

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I got a band yesterday, and I've heard people talking about a screen protector and a gift card. Is this only when you order from Microsoft? I got mine through best buy.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've just pre-ordered in the UK from the MS web store and they have added a screen protector onto the order (strangely not zero priced, they have added it on a 9.95 and reduced the price of the Band by 9.95!).

rsp57

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Ordered directly from MS US. Got no protector or Starbucks card. Contacted them and they said it's not automatic, so they seem to have stopped both promos here.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I ordered from the Microsoft Store when they opened up the ordering at the beginning of March. I also thought that there was something about including a screen protector, but I didn't get any extras. My screen is already starting to show some scratches after 5 days of use. I've ordered a screen protector from Amazon.

All that comes in the box is a quick start guide, warranty information, the Band and the USB cable.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think the screen protector and gift card are only given out in store and only if you purchase the complete warranty package ($20).

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I got mine from an MS Store in January. Got the free protector and Starbucks card. Not sure if they're doing it anymore, but I have heard it's only in-store.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I got a band yesterday, and I've heard people talking about a screen protector and a gift card. Is this only when you order from Microsoft? I got mine through best buy.
I got it on "opening day" when I bought it in-person at the Microsoft store. And it was added to the shopping bag, it wasn't in the box.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
72.jpg

elee@ulgm.org

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one online from MS Store and bought another in store at Best Buy. Neither came with screen protector or Starbucks card.

I reflexively turned down the Best Buy extended warranty for $29. Wondering if that was the right move after seeing some of the threads here. I haven't opened it yet... wonder if I went back to BB if they would Le me add it.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Ordered one online from MS Store and bought another in store at Best Buy. Neither came with screen protector or Starbucks card.

I reflexively turned down the Best Buy extended warranty for $29. Wondering if that was the right move after seeing some of the threads here. I haven't opened it yet... wonder if I went back to BB if they would Le me add it.
Yes, in Best Buy you have two weeks to return it or add the warranty.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Yes, you can get it but you should check the terms of that Best Buy warranty. They are not consumer friendly in any way. It is pretty much a joke and is also $39, not $29. Quite frankly, even if it was a good extended warranty (which it is not), the price is above the threshold to generally justify purchase. BTW, if you used a credit card, many will double the manufacturer's warranty anyway at no additional cost.

To each their own but I wouldn't recommend a Best Buy warranty on any purchase. If you are really concerned you might also check squaretrade.com. They are at least more responsive to their customers and if you have them contact you with a quote can probably get something cheaper than the silly three year expensive warranty. Keep in mind as well that all of those third party extended warranties reserve the right to replace your device with a comparable item - as phone owners have learned that will not always be the device you own. Some also charge a fee for damage replacement....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro