Accurate calorie count?

mikefeero

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Ive walked 2500 steps today, about 1.2 miles. The calorie count says over 1000 calories already. now, I dont typically track these kinds of things, so I guess im just curious how accurate this is?

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I know that if you check your "sleep" stats, it shows how much calories you burned while sleeping. I'm not sure if that gets thrown in with what you burn during the day, haven't had time to check that out.

rsp57

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Calories are cumulative, for all activities (and non-activities!) from midnight to midnight. They are also broken out for each separate clocked activity (e.g., biking, running).

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Calories are cumulative, for all activities (and non-activities!) from midnight to midnight.

Indeed. I've received a notification that I've met my calorie goal while lying the couch! :amaze: Who knew getting fit could be so easy!

As far as I know, the calorie count is based on the Heart Rate and some other stats that you input on your profile. So, it's dependent on an accurate HR.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Most Fitness/Activity bands 'attempt' to calculate all the calories your body uses per day - not just from exercises. From midnight (when my old FitBit resets), it used to say I had burned around 450kcal when I woke around 7am.

All this is depending on you inputing correct physical metrics i.e. Weight, Height, Age, etc. All similar kinds of band/monitor will always give 'estimates'. For more accurate calorie burn, or fitness monitoring, you need to look elsewhere, such as Polar, Garmin, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes