Sleep Tracking continues even with low battery!

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I accidentally found this nifty feature the other day: when the band powers down due to low battery, it still tracks sleep if it is in sleep mode.

I had set my alarm for 9am, but it didn't go off due to the battery getting low, But after waking up a little before noon, and charging it up it accurately showed my sleep from the prior night still.

Just something neat they included. So even if your band doesn't respond, charge it up and your sleep should still be there!

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I accidentally found this nifty feature the other day: when the band powers down due to low battery, it still tracks sleep if it is in sleep mode.

I had set my alarm for 9am, but it didn't go off due to the battery getting low, But after waking up a little before noon, and charging it up it accurately showed my sleep from the prior night still.

Just something neat they included. So even if your band doesn't respond, charge it up and your sleep should still be there!

Try on the battery saver when battery is less than 20%(THERE's an option to set that)?Also using battery saver disable it from running in the background and turn it back when you need it.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That happened to me as well the other day. I don't think it worked that way when I got mine around New Year's day. I thought I lost a night's sleep data somewhere before the firmware update.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Not quite. It doesn't lose the data, but it does stop collecting.

Since my Band indicated "70%" at the start of a charge, I decided I could get an extra day's use out of it. Nope. I woke up in the morning to a dead Band. (I charge in the morning, so it was a bit over 48 hours.) While I did have sleep in the log, it claims I stopped the process an hour before I got up.

Keep in mind that part of sleep tracking is to run the HR sensor for 2 minutes out of every 10 instead of 1. So it does have a significant drain on the battery. No matter how hard it tries, at some point it's gotta stop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb