Has any body got this combination to work? All info goes to Microsoft health OK but nothing to my fitness pal. From inside of Microsoft health program we have selected my the fitness pal app and synched it to Microsoft Health but noting is showing in My Fittness Pal any Ideas????
    03-31-2015 12:26 PM
    I have the same problem. Been using the combonation since November, and it just seems to flake out completely for days and at times, weeks, at a time. Havent found any sure fire way to fix it. In general, it just starts working again on its own randomly. Search the forums, there are plenty of other threads complaining about your issue.
    03-31-2015 02:44 PM
    It has worked consistently for me but not so much for my gf. It seems to be random when it stops syncing. What OS are you using?
    03-31-2015 03:12 PM
    Does this synchronization do anything other than make a calorie adjustment to the My Fitness Pal diary? As far as I know, mine has been working fine in the 10 days I've had my Band, but now you've got me wondering if it should be doing something else.
    03-31-2015 03:25 PM
    It adds my workouts to Myfitnesspal with no issue .
    03-31-2015 04:54 PM
    You have to email support to have them manually add it as your step counter.

MyFitnessPal | Connecting Microsoft Band to MyFitnessPa...

And then the integration still stinks.
    Likwidz likes this.
    03-31-2015 09:23 PM
    I am using a windows phone with windows 8.1. My Fitness Pal tech support says if you are using a windows phone they need to set your Microsoft band as you step source so it will work. Only android or ios users can do it themselves. Would someone from my fitness pal please do it for me I have emailed them 3 times about doing this and they have not responded to me.
    My user name is corgima. This is part of the response I recieved from my fitness pal:

Once the Apps have been connected, you will then need to set up Microsoft Band as your Step Source via the MyFitnessPal app (an adjustment will not show until the Step Source has been set). At this time, you can only elect the Step source via our iOS and Android apps, however, after elected it should then transfer to all areas of the program. To elect Steps, go into the menu, then Steps, then find Microsoft Band and initiate it as your Step Source.

If you do not have access to Steps, please reply back to this email with your MyFitnessPal username and we can elect the Step source for you on our end. Once the connection has been made, all future information should then transfer (past information will not transfer).
    04-01-2015 07:06 AM
    Just received this message from My Fitness Pal Tech support:
    APR 01, 2015 | 09:33AM PDT
    Thanks for following up with us. I can now see that Microsoft Health is set as the steps tracker. After your next sync with your Band to Microsoft Health, data should start flowing over in to MyFitnessPal for the adjustment.

Details about the calculation of any adjustment can be viewed by clicking the small "i" next to the adjustment in your Exercise Diary (on the full website), or by tapping the adjustment itself in the Exercise Diary of the MyFitnessPal on the apps (you may need to tap the adjustment in the diary and then again on the next page depending on your app version). If you do not see a line that says Microsoft adjustment in the cardiovascular section, then there may be a problem with the sync. However, if you do see this line, then it should be syncing correctly, even if it says 0.

Please let us know if you run into any other issues.

Regards,
    MyFitnessPal

Thank You My Fitness Pal, Will check operation later today.
    04-01-2015 01:01 PM
    Since My Fitness Pal has linked my Microsoft Band and Microsoft Health to my Windows Phone as my step source, all the information seems to be populating correctly into My Fitness Pal.
    04-01-2015 01:29 PM
    You have to email support to have them manually add it as your step counter.

MyFitnessPal | Connecting Microsoft Band to MyFitnessPa...

And then the integration still stinks.
    Yeah, I wasn't aware we had this option. I contacted them last night and they got back to me today saying it has been activated. My gf did the same. How do I know it's actually working in the MFP app? I see a MSFT Cal Adjustment but doesn't seem be matching what my Band shows.
    04-01-2015 02:00 PM
    How do I know it's actually working in the MFP app? I see a MSFT Cal Adjustment but doesn't seem be matching what my Band shows.
    If you are seeing an adjustment, it's working. The integration is... odd. I suggest searching the forum for past threads discussing MFP. More info from me here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...ml#post3042205
    Likwidz likes this.
    04-01-2015 02:16 PM
    Support at My Fitness Pal says the Microsoft Band, Microsoft Health. and My Fitness Pal all synch at midnight so clocks must be the same for all devices
    04-01-2015 05:06 PM
    Yeah, I wasn't aware we had this option. I contacted them last night and they got back to me today saying it has been activated. My gf did the same. How do I know it's actually working in the MFP app? I see a MSFT Cal Adjustment but doesn't seem be matching what my Band shows.
    Since I've complained (quite a bit) about this in other threads, I was going to bite my tongue...but...I ultimately abandoned MFP for the following reason: even though I know the Band is not estimating my daily calorie burn very accurately (perhaps it's off by 100 or even 200 calories), I do trust that the day-to-day variations I see are reliable. Certainly, those ups and downs correlate very well with my daily activity level. So I'm kinda thick-skulled and I figure, "Since I have a device that is doing a pretty good job counting how many calories I burn every day, why can't MFP import that number, and then allow me to track it against what I eat?" Seems reasonable enough. And we also know that Microsoft is sharing some of the activity data already (I see steps, and also calorie counts for specific things like runs).

For whatever reason, that's not how it works. Instead, you tell MFP your basic info and activity level, and it spits back at you, "Your daily burn rate is 1800 calories." Which is 100's of calories away from what the Band says. So you go, "OK, I'm gonna fudge my height/weight/whatever so that MFP's burn estimate matches my actual daily average." Problem with that is that one day you're over your average, and another day below. HERE come MFP's daily "adjustments," which are another headache and topic in itself (e.g., it never adjusted mine correctly). Add to that things like 1-week "outages" where the two systems stop syncing and that was enough for me.

I thought MFP's food catalog was horribly organized, and STRANGELY, it works much better in the Android app than in the web version, but I did get used to it. Sadly I gave up because it just couldn't keep my calories burned straight. If only MS's HealthVault had a more sensible way to enter daily food items!

-Matt
    Black3ternity and Likwidz like this.
    04-01-2015 07:12 PM
    4/2/2015
    After one day of working fine my MFP program no longer shows Microsoft adjustment and is no longer updating in MFP. Microsoft health is working just fine. Oh-Well I guess one day was exciting.
    Likwidz and gadgetrants like this.
    04-02-2015 10:15 AM
    I got mine set up on MFP side and its collecting data but boy has it skewed my calorie intake with outtake numbers. I can't make any sense of it and it shows my workout caloric expenditure in the log but not in the actual metric. And the live tile isn't matching up either, in fact it shows a more accurate reading than the actual site. Go figure
    gadgetrants likes this.
    04-08-2015 12:23 PM
    Can I setup the band up on my ipod touch and myfitnesspal and then go then go back to using my WP app?
    04-27-2015 10:49 AM
    Please provide step source to link with my fitness pal to Microsoft band, thank you.
    08-22-2015 04:01 AM