Microsoft Health app issue

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I'm in Canada and when i got the band last week, I switched region to USA to download the app and got it working then switched region back to Canada.

Yesterday an update for MS Health appeared in the store. I updated... then I get "Couldn't load the data. Please try again Later." for all the tiles.

Waited over night, still have issue, so I uninstalled the app, changed region to USA, goto store, install the health app and when I launch it, right when it says logging into my ms account I get this repeating "Network Error Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again" pop up box that constantly comes up and I need to X out the app.

Help? :)

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
quite possibly due to formatting issues.

I would do the following:

1- reset the band to factory default so it remembers nothing
2. Uninstall the app on your phone and soft reset it
3. download/install and start from scratch

wpuserto

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Funny I'm in the exact same boat, got the band last week, installed via US Store, app stopped working, error message etc.

I noticed the App is available on the Canadian Store so I uninstalled the app again and tried to install it using the Canadian store and I have the same error message.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
from the comments on the front page story, it's English UK LANG... it needs to be listed at the top. In the region settings, for the formats, instead of specify match phone lang, you can choose specifically like english canada and the app still works, so long as you have English UK listed at the top in your Language settings.

Well at least they seem to be getting it ready for a Canada launch!

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
So I'm in Canada and when i got the band last week, I switched region to USA to download the app and got it working then switched region back to Canada.

Yesterday an update for MS Health appeared in the store. I updated... then I get "Couldn't load the data. Please try again Later." for all the tiles.

Waited over night, still have issue, so I uninstalled the app, changed region to USA, goto store, install the health app and when I launch it, right when it says logging into my ms account I get this repeating "Network Error Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again" pop up box that constantly comes up and I need to X out the app.

Help? :)

This might not work for you, but the exact thing has happened to me twice after the Health app updates. What solves it for me is to power the Band off, then back on. Worth a shot maybe?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This might not work for you, but the exact thing has happened to me twice after the Health app updates. What solves it for me is to power the Band off, then back on. Worth a shot maybe?

Thanks for the idea, didn't even cross my mind. I tried to uninstall the english UK lang and had turned off the band. Rebooting everything, I get right away "Couldn't load the data. Please try again Later." Put back the English UK lang and it works

Brentd6

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Assume English (USA) will always work at top language, but English (UK) is better for Australia than US language, so that is what i tried first to get it to work.

stressds

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a bunch of problems as well. I'm not sure if its related to the regions or not. I'm also in Canada

1. Changed region to the US - downloaded MS Health
2. Read that the major Feb update of MS Health installs a keyboard on your band
3. I either can't figure out how to get the keyboard activated in order to reply to a text on my band or I don't have the keyboard
4. Version I have of MS Health is 1.3.10325.1
5. I'm running a 920 on rogers, with the developers preview that can't seem to update properly so I've shut it off. Maybe this is the issue? But i never had the keyboard before i turned on the developers preview.
6. I've since changed back to Canada and shut off developers preview.
7. Next step delete MS Health and start again?

Sorry for the long winded explanation, but it seems to tie into this thread.

​Thanks!

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Changing regions, to install apps not native to the original region are a pain and cause (like you guys have found out) problems.

It's a pain, but you are better off being patient and waiting for the version for your region. Variations in regions for some apps can have legal implications in some countries. I used to code on iOS and Android and two of my Apps never got accepted for use in Malaysia. The reason given was a small icon I used - go figure?

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me.

In Canada, purchased a US band. Months ago changed region to US to install, then swapped back to Canada. Worked flawlessly until an update was available in the last week that now causes the "Network Connection" issues.

I can fix it by changing language to English (US) and setting it to default, but this of course disables Cortana on the phone...

Has anyone found a fix that allows us to use Cortana AND the band?

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I am in Canada but my Microsoft account is US and my region settings on my 830 and 1520 are US as well.
I have had no issues with the band at all.
Maybe the problems are due to your MS account settings.

mrpenguin

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem; trying to view workouts especially causes the "network error", both on the phone and on the microsoft health dashboard through a browser. i tried reinstalling the app on the phone, and have tried multiple browsers and reboots for the website, none of which have changed the result. network errors preventing looking at workouts.

mshealth problem.jpg

Tarek Sharbak

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem; trying to view workouts especially causes the "network error", both on the phone and on the microsoft health dashboard through a browser. i tried reinstalling the app on the phone, and have tried multiple browsers and reboots for the website, none of which have changed the result. network errors preventing looking at workouts.

View attachment 116199

I have the same issue, what's the region of your MS account? mine is not US nor UK so I'm afraid that this is what's causing the problem.

P.S. I didn't have this issue before, it started only recently

mrpenguin

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
My region is US, only used the band in the US, and purchased it here as well. it also only started in the past few days-- week at the most. I was on the chat with tech support for an hour or so yesterday to no avail; we reset the app and the band and the same problem occurs. They suggested it could be something with port-forwarding and that I should try talking with the ISP, but given it happens on the website I doubt that will be a successful solution either.

mrpenguin

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Vlad, did your problems start about 4-6 days ago as well? I had just used the workouts without a problem, and then this problem came up after an update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99