11-07-2016 04:56 PM
45 12
tools
    I had the plastic coming off the inside of my band, on one of the battery covers. I put in a warranty claim, mailed it into Microsoft, they replaced it and had it back in a week.
    TwoClipz likes this.
    08-14-2015 08:21 PM
    It now happened to me too. How long lasts the warranty? Do I need a receipt of the original purchase when I take it in (The band was a gift)?

Best, Danckel
    08-16-2015 11:40 AM
    basically I have this same issue that started happening this month. I am waiting for the announcement of Band 2 within aug-sept time frame. And by then, once I know a set date, I can trade this in; sell it on ebay and use that money to get band 2.
    08-16-2015 03:54 PM
    I had the same issue with the pads peeling off.
    I chatted with microsoft uk. The next day UPS was here (germany) and after 3 workdays i received a new microsoft band.

No hassle at all. Perfect service!
    Jazmac and Corwin_Amber like this.
    08-17-2015 05:21 AM
    I am in Germany too. Did you buy your band in the UK or in the US? Did they ask for the original receipt?
    08-18-2015 11:46 AM
    @danckel
    I ordered it from uk.
    No one asked about a receipt...
    Jazmac and danckel like this.
    08-18-2015 02:19 PM
    I bought mine used off of craigslist back in December... the guy had it for a week, but didn't like the feel. He didn't purchase the extra warrenty or anything but he emailed a copy of his receipt from the microsoftstore.com

Anyway, my wife took my band to the microsoftstore kiosk in the mall during her lunch break. They briefly looked at that email on her phone, took my old band and handed her a new one in a box. No questions asked.
    08-18-2015 05:28 PM
    I am a UK owner, I went in to the band help and put mine in for a fix by registering it and following the instructions. It is in for repair for free as I type this ****updated**** got it back from Germany, they repaired the rubbers and the glass screen for free. MS now that is what I call service. Thanks Microsoft.
    Last edited by chickentikka; 08-21-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Ian_Superfly likes this.
    08-18-2015 05:39 PM
    Yes. Only had mine 6 months and the inner case is peeling. Won't buy one of these again. Garmin from now on. Microsoft customer service appalling. These aren't cheap either
    09-11-2015 12:24 AM
    Mine has peeled off a little, but I'm not sure about returning it again (last time was corrosion of the sensor).
    I have a Skinomi screen protector and full body "carbon fibre" skin. They (Skinomi) kindly replaced it last time I had to send it in but I doubt they will do that again...
    09-11-2015 08:06 AM
    The one I have is 6 months old. I don't wear it in water, I don't swim in it. At most, it will get moisture on it from sweat. After 3 months, the plastic began to peel off. Now, I can't wear it at all because the clasp itself broke off, I hope MS will do something for me.
    Attached Thumbnails broken-clasp-2.jpg  
    09-12-2015 01:23 AM
    I had the plastic coming off the inside of my band, on one of the battery covers. I put in a warranty claim, mailed it into Microsoft, they replaced it and had it back in a week.
    The same thing happened with mine but on both covers. Mine also had the bubbling / corrosion on the metal contacts. I did not have the Microsoft Complete protection plan since they stopped selling that the same time that I bought my Band. Yet they replaced it without any pushback at all. Turn around time was about a week and they paid for shipping. Great support!
    09-14-2015 04:21 PM
    The same thing happened with mine but on both covers. Mine also had the bubbling / corrosion on the metal contacts. I did not have the Microsoft Complete protection plan since they stopped selling that the same time that I bought my Band. Yet they replaced it without any pushback at all. Turn around time was about a week and they paid for shipping. Great support!
    That's good to know. How did you make contact? I need to return mine.
    09-14-2015 07:29 PM
    I followed the "Get My Band Fixed" process on the Microsoft site. I went directly to option 3, filled out the form there and everything went smoothly. I don't seem to have a copy of the request as it was submitted so I cannot remember for sure, but I think I was able to attach some photos to it showing the problems which may have helped. After that I promptly received confirmation that the request was approved and a shipping label. I then received status update emails both when it was received at Microsoft and when they sent out the replacement which was helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us/support/troubleshoot

Sorry, I don't know what the **** is going on with the link I tried posting above... a bunch of "tradedoubler.com" bull**** gets inserted into it by the forum every time I try to correct the URL which breaks the link. So just highlight and copy/paste the text and as displayed and that will work to get you there or search for it on the Microsoft site as it's easy enough to find.
    Jazmac likes this.
    09-15-2015 08:32 AM
    I followed the "Get My Band Fixed" process on the Microsoft site. I went directly to option 3, filled out the form there and everything went smoothly. I don't seem to have a copy of the request as it was submitted so I cannot remember for sure, but I think I was able to attach some photos to it showing the problems which may have helped. After that I promptly received confirmation that the request was approved and a shipping label. I then received status update emails both when it was received at Microsoft and when they sent out the replacement which was helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us/support/troubleshoot

Sorry, I don't know what the **** is going on with the link I tried posting above... a bunch of "tradedoubler.com" bull**** gets inserted into it by the forum every time I try to correct the URL which breaks the link. So just highlight and copy/paste the text and as displayed and that will work to get you there or search for it on the Microsoft site as it's easy enough to find.
    Just did it. I just need to box it up and drop it at FedEx. Or my office which is how I usually send stuff. Thanks for the assist.
    09-15-2015 07:34 PM
    today, two months after buying new, mine has started to peel off the surface layers of the inner side "pieces"

just to give it context...

i would describe myself as a light user, although i wear it everyday, i do not expose it to any water, never shower in it, i even take it off when washing

it also does not undergo any sports, ie, where i would be sweating, i am just wearing it at a desk job, i look after my things, and so it doesn't get tossed around, bumped scraped etc

so, whilst it isn't very nice to see it coming off, i understand it will function perfectly, although it's clearly an oversight by Microsoft, in terms of material application, now my wrist is going eventually be pressing on cold, hard metal of some sort, rather than that rubberized finish

they are trying to get themselves off the hook, claiming its wear and tear, which ultimately it is, but imo it is over-ridingly a poor choice of materials, not enough thickness and adhesion by that material - am sure in any fair minded persons estimation, that two months for the first wearable device, from a multi-billion dollar company, that starts to come apart, is not acceptable, irregardless of the fact its only aesthetic

can you imagine if apple watch owners experienced the same materials failure, do you think those customers would settle for it, like us MS band users seemingly are?
    09-17-2015 06:30 PM
    today, two months after buying new, mine has started to peel off the surface layers of the inner side "pieces"

just to give it context...

i would describe myself as a light user, although i wear it everyday, i do not expose it to any water, never shower in it, i even take it off when washing

it also does not undergo any sports, ie, where i would be sweating, i am just wearing it at a desk job, i look after my things, and so it doesn't get tossed around, bumped scraped etc

so, whilst it isn't very nice to see it coming off, i understand it will function perfectly, although it's clearly an oversight by Microsoft, in terms of material application, now my wrist is going eventually be pressing on cold, hard metal of some sort, rather than that rubberized finish

they are trying to get themselves off the hook, claiming its wear and tear, which ultimately it is, but imo it is over-ridingly a poor choice of materials, not enough thickness and adhesion by that material - am sure in any fair minded persons estimation, that two months for the first wearable device, from a multi-billion dollar company, that starts to come apart, is not acceptable, irregardless of the fact its only aesthetic

can you imagine if apple watch owners experienced the same materials failure, do you think those customers would settle for it, like us MS band users seemingly are?
    It did the same to me in about the same amount of time. No water, I didn't swim or shower in it. It may have some sweat from running in the park but that's it. Peeling after a few months of use. after about 6 months, you see how it looked in my earlier post. Its a really good product for what it does but its made of materials that probably should not be against skin for extended periods of time. I'm happy I got to return it for replacement.
    Version 2 has got to have a replaceable band.
    09-18-2015 12:50 AM
    Just thought I would share my experience with replacing my band due to peeling over the battery case. My band was not in bad shape, the inner pad had peeled completely off and the face had minimal scratches. I was able to walk into my local Microsoft Store and ask for a replacement with no problem. I even got a new ZAGG screen protector for free. Not sure if all MS Stores are alike, but I had no problem with replacing my band.
    Jazmac likes this.
    09-19-2015 02:23 PM
    Just thought I would share my experience with replacing my band due to peeling over the battery case. My band was not in bad shape, the inner pad had peeled completely off and the face had minimal scratches. I was able to walk into my local Microsoft Store and ask for a replacement with no problem. I even got a new ZAGG screen protector for free. Not sure if all MS Stores are alike, but I had no problem with replacing my band.
    The Microsoft stores have been really good in how they manage problems like this. My Microsoft store in at Fashion Show mall here in Las Vegas in the heart of the Las Vegas strip and it takes some real effort to get there, parking then make my way in the mall to the Microsoft Store. Mailing it was just less headache. But the stores have been very good.
    09-20-2015 08:35 AM
    Ok with all that said, has anyone since these are the original MS band 1's found a way to DIY fix it, I doubt they will cover a band I purchased new last year that is a 4 yr old band when they are what on MS Band 3? can I unscrew them and spray them with that as seen on tv rubber spray? wire heat shrink wrap? or just toss it and go back to a jawbone up?
    11-07-2016 04:56 PM
45 12