Golf app

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The Microsoft band needs a golf app. Wouldn't it be cool if you were just needed a distance to look at your wrist for the distance. It has the GPS capability. You just download the course on your phone then download it to your band. Use the action button to go the the next hole. I think that would be so neat.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
You actually have something there, i think...

On the phone, you can map out where you've been on the course from Band GPS. And if you can click action button for each stroke, it can keep score for you too.

I know most don't walk the course (cart) but, if you did, then the steps and calories burned can also be tracked. Match that with the UV exposure and stress level from Galvanic sensor, a player can also work on the mental approach and not get over exposed to the sun without realizing it.

shrxwin

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't golf anymore but the idea of using the action button to count strokes and an on-screen interface to move between holes (with the distance between strokes recorded on the GPS route) is genius! if this feature is released I will pull out my clubs just to try it!

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
This is pretty much the main reason I bought the band. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a $400 golf gps watch but decided to buy the band instead since I was intrigued by it and just hope that a golf app eventually transfers over. Would be ideal given all the additional sensors that can be used during a round (gps, uv, calories, etc)plus the benefit of just being able to look at your wrist fro distances.

I think it will come eventually, its jut a matter of by who. I would think the golf logix and those sorts could integrate the band into their already existing apps for the phone or make it a standalone app

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
The fact that we're kibitzing here, I gotta believe someone is already working it. So hopefully sooner than later.

It also occurred to me that since Band has an accelerometer, it should be able to measure the swing speed (golf clubs and baseball bats) of a person who is wearing it. From training perspective, wouldn't it be great, if you can match distance, accuracy with your hand/arm swing speed. Since the club is an extension of your arm, in this context, one can enter the length of the club (standard length can be built in for woods an irons but some do have custom lengths) and be able to calculate the angular velocity of the head.

Going beyond that, if one can learn to swing at a particular swing velocity for different situations consistently, how valuable would that be for golfers? All it would take is to find the optimal swing speed once and set it (something you can do at the driving range). Then every time you swing at that speed (+/- 5%, say), the haptic vibration would go off to let the golfer know that he is in the range. Clearly, as one masters the technique, the buzz is not needed but to get there, it may really help.

seize9eme

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes, totally agree with this!! Golfers need an app for MS Band.
All the sensors (GPS, UV sensor, Heart rate, 3-axis accelerometer, Gyrometer...) will help gather lots of info on the Golf round or any practice session. With some Power BI, it would provider to the golfers awesome stats that any other app or watch could provide.
I can imagine downloadable golf maps where you could start a round of golf, with the help of the GPS being able to see the distance to the hole on each hole, enter your score and stats (putts, measure driving distance etc).
Then the app will of course give the stats of the round + stats on number of kms, number of steps, calories, track on a map, average swing speed (what else?) + nice visuals.
Another option would be to start a practice session to measure swing speed, accuracy, movement and so many other data.
200$ is way cheaper compared to any other golf watch if we had those features and considering that an MS Band can do more (mail, FB, Twitter....).

I am personally dreaming of it!

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'd rather have an app that sends an electrical jolt to my wife's arse when she's at the mall. These credit card payments are killin' me.

winplusR

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
You can use Golflogix. I like it because you can keep track of your distance with each shot. I have a better idea now on how far with each golf club.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes