HR lock during workouts

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what I'm doing. On a jog, I can manage to get it to stay locked the whole run. Working out I don't have the same kind of luck. Too much wrist movement and the band sliding around to get a solid lock. From what I've read though all the other wrist based optical HR devices have the same problem when a lot of wrist movement is involved.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My Band is gone for a warranty exchange by mail right now. I apparently did have a bad sensor in my HR monitor. I never checked for a lock during workouts, after the first day, my band never locked in below 70 when my resting heart rate was actually around 60. In fact, it mostly locked in a resting heart rate around 85, but sometimes it would lock in closer to 115.

My resting heart rate was 45 during sleep my first night, but for the next 10 days, it averaged 73, which is not even close to accurate.

I tried on a demo unit at my local Microsoft Store, and it locked in much quicker with a much more realistic reading, so I'm hopeful that my replacement unit will be more accurate. How accurate do the "locked" readings seem to be when you're at rest?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I find movement tends to confuse the Band's HR. Some have suggested it's due to the Band moving a bit. But I think it can be due to "surges" in blood flow caused by motion. I think it tries to use it's motion sensor to figure out what is what, but that only works for walk/jog/run. Other things tend to be too short in duration for it to figure out.

So, in my experience, depending on what you're doing, do expect it to become unlocked. But if it can't find lock after holding stock still for 5 seconds, something is wrong.

Also note that how you wear your Band can make a difference. You might try other positions.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
But if it can't find lock after holding stock still for 5 seconds, something is wrong.
Then something was definitely wrong with the sensor on mine. The screen would often time out once or twice before it would lock while I was as still as I could be whereas the demo unit I tried in the store locked in under 5 seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar