cortana wont connect

Jimw13UK

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Every time I try to use Cortana from my band it fails to connect to my phone it tells me. They are next to each other and everything else is syncing with no problems. Any clues or help would be great

beeman68

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I know this may be a dumb question but does Cortana work ok on your phone? What phone do you have? I am in the UK and even with our Beta Cortana it works fine on my band, the phone is a 930.

Bee.

Jimw13UK

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi

yes it works on my phone no problem.

My phone is a HTC 8X running WP8.1 - 8.10.14219.341

I'll keep trying but its a bit frustrating - everything else works great and its just this last thing

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It can be hit or miss for me. I have no idea why. I'll sync it, I'll make sure Cortana is working on the phone, etc and at times it just doesn't work. Not often an issue, but enough to be annoying.

Even when it does work I find it a bit ponderous. They really need to make it snappier and less cumbersome. Press and hold... Listening.... Thinking... read/confirm... press button or swipe... speak or tap...

Basically, I want Hey Cortana on the Band.

William Grafton1

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, also wanted to address the OP's question:

I've found that if my phone currently has poor reception or no wifi, then the Band will sometimes report that it cannot connect when it's more likely that Cortana, via my phone cannot connect to the Azure backend.

The other option is that you could have a Bluetooth connectivity issue. Have you ever used a hands-free device with your phone and used it to control Cortana? Were there any troubles with that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium