GamerBand - Xbox Avatar on your Me Tile

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks for making an app for the band and offering it for free. I will check it out. The app Fanband already has an option to add the XBox avatar to the screen (in app purchase though).

edit: works great. I like that I can change size and move up and down. How about moving left and more colors?
Is there a way to smooth the edges of the avatar, because on a darker background color it shows a white pixelated edge around it. Not sure if some type of blending can be applied (png?).

would also be nice to change the gamertag with something else (e.g. when my gamertag is myname it still shows it as myname even if I type MyName)

Last edited:

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I hadn't seen Fanband, I will check it out.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do.

Are you seeing the white edge when you sync?
The preview in the app is before it's merged, the sync'd image on your Band should be smoother. (I lost hours over the weekend getting that looking cleaner, the text scaling was a real pain.)

I'm a member of the Xbox Community Developer Programme so I was hoping to make use of the feed to get the gamerscore, at which point I would have also grabbed the formatting of your gamertag, regardless of what you'd typed in the app. Sadly the XCDP feed has been down since January and it looks like they may be dropping support. :'(
My original intention was not to show the gamertag at all, just the gamerscore and have it automatically update at regular intervals.

EDIT 23/04: I've just submitted an update to the store that includes custom colour functionality.

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
cool, the white pixelated edge isn't a big issue when I increase my avatar to the max size (which seems to indicate that it's not scaling with the image).

PS: you are correct. It's really only visible in the preview and hard to see on the band.
Cheers!

​thank you

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Just submitted v1.3 for certification.
Only minor tweaks, the main one being able to move your avatar left and right and not just up and down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3