Notifications missing?

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded from a Lumia 830 to 930, and for some reason only some notifications are now getting through. I get emails and core app notifications, but whatsapp etc are not...

Any ideas?!!

Daniel Heinrich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Notification seems to be a big issue. Microsoft should working on it. There is no pattern in the behaviour of the notification center and the problems.
The only notifiactions I receive, are whatsapp messages, but no mails from my two accounts.

Microsoft also should let us know, how we (Europeans) have to configure our Windows Phone and the Band to work perfectly. Many functions are not working, and it looks like this depends on how the regional settings in the Windows Phone are set. Our phones are not set to US and they shouldn't.

All sporting funtions are working great, but the collaboration with the Windows Phone is pretty bad at the moment.

Last edited:

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Notification seems to be a big issue. Microsoft should working on it. There is no pattern in the behaviour of the notification center and the problems.
The only notifiactions I receive, are whatsapp messages, but no mails from my two accounts.

Microsoft also should let us know, how we (Europeans) have to configure our Windows Phone and the Band to work perfectly. Many functions are not working, and it looks like this depends on how the regional settings in the Windows Phone are set. Our phones are not set to US and they shouldn't.

All sporting funtions are working great, but the collaboration with the Windows Phone is pretty bad at the moment.

What are the many functions that are not working?

Daniel Heinrich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
- Bluetooth takes a long time for reconnecting, if I leave the phone on my desk and walk away.
- Mails from my two accounts are not shown (sometimes one from my outlook.com account gets through) VERY BIG ISSUE in my oppinion
- WhatsApp messages are shown mostly but not reliable all the time
- Incoming Calls are shown without callers name, just the number
- No European Support. MS is selling it in the UK, but you have to configure Phone and Band as US devices. Hello???

Last edited:

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Phone and band work fine as UK devices - not sure what you mean there... I've been on a UK band and phone since US launch.
Plus, literally everything worked s planned on my old phone, just now I've upgraded they aren't...

Scyen

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
got the same problem with my notifications, the only notifications i get are the cortana notifications and if i had a goal for steps... no mail notification, no whatsapp or what ever (not even facebook chat)

got a lumia 640 (issue of gdr2?)

got a german phone, and a uk band but a friend of mine got no problems with the same hardware.

Steveandre13

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have kind of the same issue. I have a 930 and get email notifications but get no notification center information and Facebook notifications. Tried restarting and repairing but nothing seems to help.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Try chatting with Microsoft Support - they have NO CLUE of what is it that we are talking about. This is one thing I love about Apple. Their staff knows how to help.

Daniel Heinrich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
but a friend of mine got no problems with the same hardware.

Where is your MS Account located, what are the regional settings in your phone and what ist your mail accounts domain?

Just had a chat with Microsoft UK and they told me, that german (all europeans) users have to experience limitations with their Band. The full functionality is bind to selling countries.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Notifications + Actions and check if alerts are activated. Attached are screenshots.
Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150422_0005.png
    wp_ss_20150422_0005.png
    114 KB · Views: 2
  • wp_ss_20150422_0006.png
    wp_ss_20150422_0006.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 2

Scyen

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
got a (i dont want to call it so) "solution" for this, I set my lumia 640 and my band back to manufactory. After that it works... but for me this is not the best way to solve this. Lets wait for the next firmware update..

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm running my 1520 on GDR2 and works fine with my Band. notifications are all ok too.

Id like to know how I get LED notifications for SMS and missed calls etc! Not showing as an option for me

EDIT: Just noticed its a Windows 10 TP option.

Julius Velasco

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Yup same here. I think I should have held my horses and not upgraded to GDR2. It may well not be compatible with the Band.
Found a solution. Sync your band then uninstall the APP. Install it back, app will ask to allow notification click yes. The everything is working like magic. Look like it is because of the last update....

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Found a solution. Sync your band then uninstall the APP. Install it back, app will ask to allow notification click yes. The everything is working like magic. Look like it is because of the last update....

I didn't have to do any of this. I think after server side update from yesterday, automagically all my notifications just work now! Didn't do a thing.

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have US band and Italian 930 GDR1 (all set in Italy/Italian) no issue with notification, sometimes it drops BT connection so notification come a bit later but that's all.
Few days a go I did a reset on the band and it improve the issue with BT connection

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb