HR readings 1 and 2 minutes after workout

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been using my Band to track both runs and workouts. There is a section on both the run and exercise sections that shows Ending HR, 1 min, and 2 min, but it seems that the HR only records a reading for 2 minutes about 40% of the time. For the rest of my workouts, the 1 minute post-workout heart rate has not even been recorded on multiple occasions.

I'm not as concerned about my post-workout heart rate as I am during the exercise, but I was just curious if anyone knew what would cause these readings to not store with the rest of my statistics from the workouts.

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I too don't always get the readings. I think it depends on what you are doing directly post workout and if it can get a good HR lock.
Recovery HR is a great indicator of overall health and I love this feature (when it works).

DrFix82

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the same for, me.. sometimes I get both values, sometimes only one.. sometimes no-one..
They could be a great indicator if dashboard would explain and "rate" them... I can't figure out myself if my values are good or not...

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Same here about not always getting the readings or part of it. The band needs a lock on your HR only at the 1min and 2min mark for it to record. I've seen it lose the lock in-between 1 and 2 mins before but lock right before 2mins and still record it. After a jog I usually tap on the me tile and go to the HR screen and watch it to make sure it stays locked.

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the same for, me.. sometimes I get both values, sometimes only one.. sometimes no-one..
They could be a great indicator if dashboard would explain and "rate" them... I can't figure out myself if my values are good or not...

I posted some other references on an old post. But here is one:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199910283411804

Basically the greater the spread between the ending HR and the 1 and/or 2 minute HR the better the fitness level.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea I posted in the frustrating thing about the band thread that I tend to lose these readings a lot. After my workout I'm often pretty sweaty and aimlessly walking around to cool down and just that combination of swing arms around makes the lock get lost.

I have to be sure when I end work out that the heart rate is locked on good. Often times I'm gassed I'm not even thinking about that anyhow so I lose the 1min 2 min a lot :D Too bad it doesn't just record the nearest best number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium