PC Band Sync Not Working anymore

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I just want to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue after the update? I know I can sync via phone but for some reason I like the desktop sync when charging at work.. Thanks for any and all feedback.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I had issues syncing via usb for the past few days(charging was fine though), tried everything they suggested but nothing worked until I went back to basics and gave a quick burst of compressed air from a can to the USB port and male connector. Been fine ever since.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
No problems over here. Cleaning the USB port/cable is a good idea. Also remember to give the Band charging surface a good wipe (apparently "salts" build up with workouts) and if all else fails, jiggle the magnetic connector until you hear the connection alert. BTW, is the band showing as connected in the Sync app -- but fails to sync -- or is it not showing up at all?

​-Matt

BWilson80

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Been having this issue myself for about 2 months. Band won't sync from the desktop app; and its not a USB port issue (I suspect its actually a Windows update that might've caused it)....I have tried syncing on 5 different machines I have the app on (all at the relatively same patch levels), all of them tell me the same thing; to please plug in my band to enable syncing. Charging was working fine though...of course now I have a problem where my sweat and body heat has basically melted the silver charging plate causing odd bumps all over and some portions that are completely "melted" away around the actually magnetic charging area, and now I can't get it to charge; but that's unrelated and I have another post out on that.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
BTW, is the band showing as connected in the Sync app -- but fails to sync -- or is it not showing up at all?

​-Matt
it is not showing at all. There have be rare occasions when it was recognized but 99% of the time it just charges without being recognized as connected to enable syncing.. Pain in the *** does not begin to describe it. I must have spoken to every helpline employee with no resolution.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
it is not showing at all. There have be rare occasions when it was recognized but 99% of the time it just charges without being recognized as connected to enable syncing.. Pain in the *** does not begin to describe it. I must have spoken to every helpline employee with no resolution.
I guess there isn't an MS store nearby where you can try a new cable? I'm kinda disappointed that MS support wasn't up to par -- I've heard good things about them in general.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I guess there isn't an MS store nearby where you can try a new cable? I'm kinda disappointed that MS support wasn't up to par -- I've heard good things about them in general.
I'm afraid not as I live in the UK.

I tried arrange a repair after being put on hold for an hour and 10 minutes but they are not offering repairs at the moment for reasons they would not divulge.

So It is going back and my money will hopefully be refunded. The USB port works, as every other device connects fine and although I could risk buying another cable, the fact that it will charge suggests that the Band itself is the problem and not the cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon