How do I sync bike rides with Strava, Map My ride and others?

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Syncing Bike rides with Strava, Map My ride and others

Does anyone know if the syncing is time related. I did two morning rides yesterday then a long 4hr afternoon ride. The morning rides showed immediately in my connected apps but the afternoon ride is not there.

Has the bike connection failed? It's only been active since the 23rd so maybe it's having teething problems?

Or maybe there is a set daily time when the sync activity takes place?

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Syncing Bike rides with Strava, Map My ride and others

Well I may be the first to notice that this no longer works. Great for the 2 days it lasted but useless otherwise.

What a crock.

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

It works. But indeed erratic. Like it was with Runkeeper in the beginning.
After a couple of weeks the sync with Runkeeper became reliable.
It will probably be the same with Strava sync.

PS When a ride/run did not sync, use Unband to export the ride/run off the Band and upload the export to Strava.
That's the way I also uploaded all my older rides to Strava.

Last edited:

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

This appears to be working again, which is good. I'll accept it will take some bedding in.

One thing I have noticed is the enhanced info on the MS health, this was mentioned last week that it would be appearing on the 28th and looks good.

Beate Danielsen

May 17, 2015
Visit site

Hoekie: Can you please explain in greater detail how this works? What do you mean with use Unband?
I did two bike rides this morning with a break in the middle. I recorded the first ride, sync'ed with my phone, it sync'ed fine. When I got home after the second ride, I sync'ed the second ride with my computer. Both rides show up in Microsoft Health, but neither show up in Strave (or mapmyfitness which I used before Strava became available). This is the first time that my rides did not sync to Strava.
I am also interested to get my older rides into Strava, but I was told that's not possible. So if there is a way, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven