Band now auto detects sleep!!!

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
So I tried the 'auto sleep tracking' function last night by going to sleep and NOT setting the Band to sleep mode. However, no sleep was registered at all. I don't believe there was anything different about my sleep pattern and all other functions were tracked. Not sure what else I can do - perhaps it's a hit and miss...

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
So I tried the 'auto sleep tracking' function last night by going to sleep and NOT setting the Band to sleep mode. However, no sleep was registered at all. I don't believe there was anything different about my sleep pattern and all other functions were tracked. Not sure what else I can do - perhaps it's a hit and miss...
Nothing will show on the Band and it will not automatically switch to sleep mode.

What MS are saying is that sleep will appear on the MS health dashboard (app or web page) if the parameters match what they see as sleep. So there is room for error here and it may take a few sleeps for it to identify what is sleep for you. If you move a lot or have a high HR it may never "auto" detect sleep.

I always use the tile as soon as I climb the stairs to my bedroom. Only with sleep activated will the band record more frequent data points, so the so called "auto sleep" is a poor relation IMHO.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Nothing will show on the Band and it will not automatically switch to sleep mode.

What MS are saying is that sleep will appear on the MS health dashboard (app or web page) if the parameters match what they see as sleep. So there is room for error here and it may take a few sleeps for it to identify what is sleep for you. If you move a lot or have a high HR it may never "auto" detect sleep.

I always use the tile as soon as I climb the stairs to my bedroom. Only with sleep activated will the band record more frequent data points, so the so called "auto sleep" is a poor relation IMHO.

Nothing on my dashboard yet. Sleep not auto-detected here, despite feeling that I got a good sleep rest last night.

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Check now and the data should be there. It took about 6 hrs for my data to appear. So, it did work. I did not set the tile before going to bed.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Unless your heart rate is also dropping on the train which is probably unlikely under the circumstances, it will not identify sleep. Motion and heart rate are factors in the calculation....

Dude, it was a joke... eash what a killjoy :winktongue::grincry: lol.

The Band can't differentiate between your motion and the motion of the car you're in. So unless it's glassy smooth for 2 hours ....

Interesting, as I don't have a band I cannot re-affirm or counter that observation :p.

Since the Band also uses Heart rate to determine whether you're resting, i'm assuming it will be smart enough to know that you aren't sleeping :winktongue:

I'm aware of that :) but yeah with tech you could never always be 100% reliant on it. You never know when they might choose to crap out on you lol.

I used my free Fitbit that came with my Lumia 830 for about a week. I guess this is similar to how the Fitbit app only shows restful vs. light sleep (or however they label it) while the dashboard on the Fitbit website analyzes the data differently and shows asleep vs. awake.

Cheers for the information, have not used Fitbit :).

Paddy Redmond

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
So far it has shown up on 2 occasions as sleep (detected). Once when I feel asleep in my chair one evening and then this morning, I turned off sleep tile and fell asleep again and it detected that as well.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I just received a warranty replacement, so this is the first time I've had the Band since this feature was added. I forgot to turn on the sleep tracking last night. The detected sleep duration covered the entire time from when I went to bed to when my alarm went off this morning, and to my surprise, was not interrupted when my dog woke me up to put her outside about an hour before the alarm went off.

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I often fall asleep on the couch, and I guess sometimes partially wake up but not completely. I few times I'have had odd duplicate detected sleep objects. Lets say I fall asleep at 10pm without putting it in sleep mode It will start a detected sleep activity. Then I kind of wake up at midnight. Then without doing anything to the watch fall asleep. When I wake up at 2pm I walk to bed and then enable the sleep mode. I wakeup at 6am.

The next day I see three sleep events, two of them auto detected. I see a detected sleep for two hours from 10am to midnight. I also see another detected sleep event from 10am to 2am. And then I have my normal sleep event form 2am to 6am. When I look at graph for total sleep by day it shows that day as having 10 hours of sleep instead of 8 (the midnight 2am is counted twice). One night it looked like I slept 13 hours. To resolve this I have to delete the second short of the two detected sleep events from the band. I haven't figured out how to do this from the web interface. Is anyone else seeing this?

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
For some reason that only worked 2 times for me, that is said (Auto Detect), even so most sleep sessions are over 2h without waking up...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720