High failure rate on ending and 1 min and 2 min heart rate

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I've always had a bad track record with bike rides and exercising getting my ending, and more so my 1 and 2 minute heart rates logged. Rough guess that I don't get all of these more than 10-20% of time, despite probably having 95% of biking and exercise actives where there are no heart rate gaps during the exercise. My band is pretty snug, and I don't change the fit one way or the other right after the exercise. I've tried leaving the band with the resume/end option up, or without.

Are any other users seeing issues with this. Heart rate recovery time seem like a really good metric to have, and I'd like to remove the issue.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
yea a few of us reported the same observations.

Funny thing is that I think it's worse that before. Like I had the band for a month and the first couple weeks I was amused cause it was neat to have that information. Then I noticed it started to not get the information as much anymore.

Not sure what changed if anything.

DrFix82

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
The same here. I also noticed that even having daily heart rate turned on, everytime I go to see the current HR the band is in "acquiring" state, then it goes in "Locked" state. Shouldn't it be always locked?
It has no problem in locking, so it doesn't seem to be a band position on the wirst issue... when runnng it locks fine...

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I think this is pretty much the stock explanation...

This is how often the Microsoft Band checks your heart rate | Windows Central

Microsoft Band heart rate sampling frequency

• Exercise modes (Run and Workout): Heart rate records every second
  • Sleep tracking : 2 minutes on, 8 minutes off. Repeats throughout duration
  • All other times : 1 minute on, 9 minutes off, and repeating the cycle
  • Manual: You can force-check your heart rate at any time by tapping the Me Tile
​-Matt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss