Microsoft Band - Blood Glucose Monitor

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I baited you hear, NO the band cant read your glucose levels with the Band alone but it can display your glucose levels with the help of Dexcom glucose meter beaming its data to the web. Which then you can make a DIY web app to ping the server on the web, and turn any JSON or XML response into a ?Web Tile".

The Microsoft Band Could Get Way More Interesting With DIY Web Apps

So basically and I will quote this from the sql guru that posted on the site

?it?s really really really easy to develop for the Microsoft ecosystem??so much so that any WebAPI can be turned into a Band tile lickety-split?. [WP user, Band owner, Microsoft stack developer] And that tile can be shared to other Band owners via a Tweet or something so that they can get the new tile quite easily."

Can apple watch do such a thing? I haven't read anything that if could but I would see why it couldn't but if you have to have a actually APP on the store to do it, then yeah its not that easy, lol

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
It would be great to see some examples of this. In some ways other web tools that can already send out texts or emails that I can already get on my band. It will be interesting to see how the experience is different with a tile dedicated for it. Maybe have more control over who things are displayed?

Would be nice for todo app like wunderlist. Of course it sounds like this is just one way. I can't do anything on the watch to send data back to teh web? At least I don't think you can.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I baited you hear, NO the band cant read your glucose levels with the Band alone but it can display your glucose levels with the help of Dexcom glucose meter beaming its data to the web. Which then you can make a DIY web app to ping the server on the web, and turn any JSON or XML response into a “Web Tile".

The Microsoft Band Could Get Way More Interesting With DIY Web Apps

So basically and I will quote this from the sql guru that posted on the site

“it’s really really really easy to develop for the Microsoft ecosystem——so much so that any WebAPI can be turned into a Band tile lickety-split”. [WP user, Band owner, Microsoft stack developer] And that tile can be shared to other Band owners via a Tweet or something so that they can get the new tile quite easily."

Can apple watch do such a thing? I haven't read anything that if could but I would see why it couldn't but if you have to have a actually APP on the store to do it, then yeah its not that easy, lol

The idea itself is sound enough but you could have raised the point without linking to a badly written article by a hack tossing around back handed compliments and no real knowledge of the subject.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett