My chat with MS Support about Notifications and Weather tile issues

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been on live chat for 90 minutes...everything is now working except random apps that use the general notification tile such as Whatsapp and Onefootball.

Apparantly this is because
Just to make you aware as I can see you are currently in Germany, that this issue may be due to the region as there has been an update released changing the firmware to only work in the regions of the uk and us.
It will be released in Germany soon I just cannot confirm exactly when as I am unaware. But if you would like we can try a few different steps to resolve this?

Anyway we went ahead and tried everything but the end result is:
Thank you for your patience Shaun. I have consulted my tech lead on this issue as we have gotten from no nitrifications to only whatsapp not showing on band. This may be due to the issue with third party applications at the moment that we are sending out updates to resolve this week, but also as there is a regional issue it may be due to that as your whatsapp region should be Germany. ]

Would it be possible to wait until the end of the week to see if the updates that are being released for third party applications resolves this issue. If not I will be able to raise this as an issue with my superior to have a resolution.

ok, so there is a general issue maybe with 3rd party app notifications? Previously football scores and other things appeared on my band in the notification tile but also do not work now

Yes we have been having issues recently with third party application as the band is so new to Europe and the developers have change the firmware to only work in the UK and the US which has caused issues with the third party applications that do not have a regional block.

My fitnesspal developers had contacted Microsoft with this issue, which began all the updates that have been sent out over the last few weeks.

To confirm this is where the issue lies. If this is the issue the desktop application would not show an issue, which is didn't and it would only affect unlocked regional applications which it seems to be in this scenario as we have all your other notifications back up and running.

If this is the issue an update should be released this week to resolve it.

So this is why notifications are not working for third party apps..

I then asked about the weather tile problem...

Yes that is an issue we are aware of this that is due to regional issues as well as with the GPS in certain location. We are currently working on a update to resolve that too.

So some interesting things about trying to lock the band to US and UK only and causing some issues with apps.

I now await the next updates to the band to see what happens.

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Shauny,

I was getting mad about this notification issue and have been resetting/uninstalling left and right since this morning to no avail..
Let's wait and see then.

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I am just starting to get notifications pushed to my band again via the notifications tile.

But the Twitter tile is still giving me the silent treatment.

Last edited:

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Strange. Onefootball notifies me just fine here in the states. I wouldn't have thought region has anything to do with it.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Update from MS Support today via email:

"It has been confirmed that Whatsapps and other third party applications that are region free are having issues with the band outside of the UK and US regions due to the firmware update that was released to only allow complete access to the Band Application in the UK and US.
The resolution for this at the moment it to wait until the band is fully supported for complete access but the update is still due to come out to resolve the 3rd party application error.
It has been confirmed to have been released on the apple market but we are still awaiting the update for windows and android."

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

All my notifications stopped beeing pushed to the Band since last Friday.
For example, I get notifications from the windowscentral app on my phone but then they are not pushed to the band. Same thing for all my other apps.

I didn t touch anything, I swear :)

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It works for me now but still buggy.
I can get notifications for every app for a couple of weeks then nothing for a couple of days then it starts again and works for another few days.
Whatsapp, One Football etc.

I never got Facebook tile to work, not sure if it is because I use the FB Beta app but I still get FB notifications from the general tile so not sure the benefit of the FB tile.

herrie_abbink

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Try uninstalling Microsoft Health, disable Bluetooth and then reinstalling Microsoft Health.
It worked for me: Notifications are back.
Lumia 820 on Windows Phone 8.1.2

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello Herrie,

Thanks for the tips but I have done it all, trust me.
Notifications in France are just erratic. Guess it will remain like this until a real worldwide release.

herrie_abbink

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello Herrie,

Thanks for the tips but I have done it all, trust me.

Notifications in France are just erratic. Guess it will remain like this until a real worldwide release.

I'm from Holland and have set my phone to all US English settings.
So far only a few notification sync issues. Good luck 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos