Saw on Reddit that a new SDK was released adding a lot of things. Confirmed on Microsoft Band - Developers as well that it was released today. Hopefully we can see some great apps now.
    04-30-2015 02:41 PM
    Thats awesome "Allows connecting to the Band from Windows Phone background tasks" was a big one!
    04-30-2015 02:45 PM
    This is going to really enable some interesting apps. If anyone has been on the fence about buying the Band, the recent updates have been really great, and this should make it even better going forward.

More info here.

Additional functionality includes the ability to:

Build apps that support Windows.
    Create your own custom layouts for pages on third-party tiles using icons, text, buttons, and barcodes for payment options.
    Receive events and button-click callbacks from the Microsoft Band to your phone app. If you press a button on a page inside your tile, your app would know which button was pressed.
    Connect to the Band from background tasks.
    Tap into calorie subscription from the Microsoft Band.
    Last edited by David Lohrentz; 04-30-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    04-30-2015 03:25 PM
    OK, dumb question I guess though I use Visual Studio off and on...I tried running Install-Package Microsoft.Band...and I get the error:

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetNoActiveSolution,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

Any Suggestions?
    04-30-2015 04:23 PM
    Now they just need to sell it worldwide :)
    04-30-2015 04:51 PM
    Let me know if you can write an app to load my own guided workouts into the Band. Would love to be able to put in a workout to run a mile, jog a minute, run a mile, jog a minute, ...
    05-02-2015 06:35 AM
    OK, dumb question I guess though I use Visual Studio off and on...I tried running Install-Package Microsoft.Band...and I get the error:

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetNoActiveSolution,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

Any Suggestions?
    Looks like the package hadn't been updated (so it could only see the -pre version which is hidden by default). Has been updated now - try again and it'll be there.
    05-02-2015 08:02 AM