auto sync of data with wp?

aardvarkie

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I originally had my band set up with my iPhone 6 but got tired of constant BT connectivity issues so I bought a cheap WP to experiment with, a Lumina 635 for $45 on Amazon. I now no longer have BT connectivity issues but the data never automatically syncs like it did on my iPhone, I have to manually sync data every time. The iPhone synced like every hour on its own so when I opened the Microsoft Health app I wouldn't have to sync data manually like I do now. Is it normal for windows phones to only sync manually?

aardvarkie

May 3, 2015
Visit site
After having the Lumina phone 2 days I finally got notice I had updates available so I installed them and now I no longer have to manually hit the sync button. But the data still will only sync after I open the Microsoft Health app, it won't sync on its own when the app isn't open like it does with the iPhone.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Also, the health app on WP does automatically sync. It's just that when you open it, it syncs again just to make sure that you're seeing the latest up-to-the-second stats.
Notice that the numbers only change a little after it syncs.

aardvarkie

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Sync in the background is turned on but is using <1% of battery. The data is not updating in the background, yesterday for instance I walked over 14,000 steps and what was registered on the phone app was only 100, what I synced when I first woke up and opened the health app. The band and the iPhone had a lot of issues which I think apple is doing on purpose. Not only does the BT connection drop constantly, only for the band and no other BT devices I have, but syncing takes forever. Sometimes over 5 minutes and freezes frequently requiring a clearing of the apps cache to resume. I've never had syncing take more than a minute on the WP. Having to always open the health app on the WP to sync is a lot less of an annoyance than dropped connections and long sync times.

aardvarkie

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm not using a data connection with this phone, just wifi, and I'm leaning towards that as the issue. I think the Health app looks for a data connection and when it doesn't find one it doesn't try to turn on the wifi radio to establish a connection it just shuts down. Best I can come up with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster