2 bands sharing one Microsoft account? Or, 2 bands with 2 WP's sharing one Microsoft account.

jptbay

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have Windows phones (Lumia 1520 & 930) and we share the same main registration email address on the phones, so that we can both share one xbox music pass, and we also enjoy easily sharing a joint calendar. We also have different, separate Microsoft accounts we use as our primary email addresses.

We both just got Microsoft Bands, and when setting them up, I have not been able to figure out how to register them separately, so they don't share the same Microsoft account that our phones both use as the primary account. We would like to be able to each log into a separate Microsoft Health account. I can login to the Microsoft Health dashboard only on the shared account currently, but cannot tell apart the two bands even though they have been registered with different user names.

Is there a way to get this done?

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there is a way to separate the data collected by the Microsoft Health dashboard. If you want to keep your phones connected to the same account for the Xbox Music Pass, I don't think the other user would be able to sync their band through the phone.

Solely using it as a fitness tracker, you should be able to use the USB cable to sync the data directly through a computer logged into a the other Microsoft account, but that user would lose some of the functions of the Band without having it connected to the phone.

I could be wrong, but this is just my understanding of how the fitness data is collected and analyzed.

jptbay

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

That's what I'm afraid of. Maybe someone else will chime in with a work around.

William Grafton1

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I tried the shared account thing as well for a short time. It became too much of a hassle with backups and text messages suddenly appearing on both of our phones.

There is no workaround for the xbox music pass, but the calendar thing is easy. Just share your calendar with her and she can sync it as if it's her own. Most of the data sync of the Band is done by Bluetooth, so for daily use the phone app will give accurate data about the Band synced to that phone, but you'll lose all the functionality of the web dashboard with it's fantastic reports and insights.

Strongly recommend that you split off one or the other of you onto a separate Microsoft account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo