Question from new user

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got this Friday and so far, loving all the metrics. Only problem is the fit.
I have a medium and while the Band will circle my wrist, it's usually at the limit of the fit. It's not cutting off circulation or anything, and at times will be loose. I find the band uncomfortable at times, especially when wearing a jacket or long sleeves. It just seems to pinch or bind at times (if that makes sense) Anyone else have this problem? What did you do? Go to the next size up?

I have to be honest, while I LOVE the device for everything it does, if it's not comfortable, I might shift to the FitBit Surge. I see that as a downgrade though. :-(

​Any suggestions? Thanks!

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Two quick things:

1) It is uncomfortable and take a bit of time to get used - for me it did (about a week). While its still not all that comfortable, its fine now.

2) I selected Large over Medium. Gave me more freedom of settings. While Med fit fine, I selected large so that it can be adjusted to be worn higher on my arm (e.g., when wearing gym gloves, it fits above it, or being around water by hand, it can be pushed up further)

YMMV....

WharncliffeOwl

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you bought the wrong size and needed a large rather than medium. I have a medium and find it very comfortable. Can't speak for anyone else obviously but mine was comfortable from day one and didn't take getting used to at all.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Where are you on the clasp range? If you're full-wide, then "medium" is probably too small for you.

You may have to find the right adjustment. You may have it too tight at first. Also be aware of how you're tightening it as you can "scrunch" some skin together in a way that will be uncomfortable over time. I sometimes have to press on the area around the clasp to make sure the skin positions itself properly and isn't under lateral tension.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the unfortunate position of being almost exactly between a medium and large. When taking into account the daily variations in wrist size, there are times when the medium is just a tad too tight on the loosest setting, and times when the large is just a tad too loose on the tightest setting. I have both a medium and a large band. Wondering if I need to bulk up my wrist just a bit so the large will work better! :winktongue:

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You need to have some leeway--I snug it up for exercise, but otherwise usually back off about one click. If you don't have have any room to back away from snug, then you probably should have the next bigger size.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the advice. Sadly, I took it back. I just couldn't get it to fit right. When it was loose, it wouldn't pick up my HR. When it was snug enough to pick up my HR, it was "pinchy". I think it was also pushing on a pressure point on my wrist. I was getting headaches. Weird I know.

​Sigh. I do LOVE the device and would recommend it to others. The sensors and integration with WP are unmatched by any other device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro