What's up with Microsoft Spamming me

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my Band for almost 2 weeks, and I truly like it. What I hate most about it is how Microsoft keeps emailing me, what is essentially, Microsoft Band advertising. I'm all down for updates on new features periodically, but almost all of the emails (Which come every couple of days) only state things any Band owner would already know. You can't unsubscribe unfortunately, as you agree to receiving the emails as part of the terms and conditions of using the band. LAME!!!!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just mark it as spam or use a filter then and move on. Your email program or website should take care of it from there.

That's what I would do.
They're probably trying too hard to be helpful.

NBrookus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I got I think 3 set-up emails, similar to how they do with Windows 8. That was it, then they stopped. IIRC, they even said in the email something like "this is one of ___ new user emails you will receive."

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
If the messages contained info I didn't already know, I would have no problem with them. I hate filtering mail, but in this case, I had to. Regarding legality. This was at the bottom of the email:

"As part of your usage of Microsoft Band, we will be sending periodic communications to you via email. You are receiving this product service communication as part of the Microsoft Band Terms of Use."

So, yep, its legal.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Must be something new they're doing. Had my Band since last November, and I can't really recall receiving any emails from MS.........well, maybe one right after I got it.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I was about to say "Spam? What spam?" Then I remembered I associated my Band with a MS email - which isn't on my normal "watch" list. Oops. Sure enough. Five emails over a ten day period. And then they stopped.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my Band from the Microsoft Store. The box in the profile setting of the Health App was not checked. I do have my band linked to my Outlook.com email, which may be why I am receiving so many emails. Its not the end of the world, just a small inconvenience. I'm just surprised how most of the emails were simply advertisements on why one should purchase a band.

NBrookus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I purchased my Band from the Microsoft Store. The box in the profile setting of the Health App was not checked. I do have my band linked to my Outlook.com email, which may be why I am receiving so many emails. Its not the end of the world, just a small inconvenience. I'm just surprised how most of the emails were simply advertisements on why one should purchase a band.

It's not the Outlook email address -- mine is hooked up that way, too. No emails.

I think I'd go have a hissy fit in the middle of your local MS store. Sounds like the rest of us here aren't getting them so there must be some way not to be on that emailing list.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think I'd go have a hissy fit in the middle of your local MS store. Sounds like the rest of us here aren't getting them so there must be some way not to be on that emailing list.
Agreed. I'm not getting them, and don't think I've ever had advertisements associated with the band.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3