have somebody try this ?

ulices

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi guy I looking for a fitness tracker, I don't care for to much fancy stuff only, sleep analysis and heart rate monitor 24/7 , also I want keep using my regulars time pieces... so here is the questions.

1- Can I pair the band with a heart rate strap ( bluetooth ) only for the workout for more accuracy.
2- Some body acctualy sleep with the thing ? I have heard that it can be uncomfortable.
3- It can be use in the right hand (so I can use regular watches)

Thanks!!!

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
1- Can I pair the band with a heart rate strap ( bluetooth ) only for the workout for more accuracy.

Not sure. I'm thinking no, but hopefully someone can answer.

2- Some body acctualy sleep with the thing ? I have heard that it can be uncomfortable.

I have, for over 4 months, and for me it's not a problem at all. But everyone is different...

Sure. Some people use two monitors, so one on one hand, one on the other. This morning I ran 4 miles with the Band on my right hand, and the Apple Watch on my left. No issues whatsoever.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Both a strap and the band do the same thing, collect data. They both sync to a device which collect that data and so not with each other for obvious reasons.

Not had any issues with the band while sleeping, certainly not uncomfortable or preventing me from sleeping.

I see no reason why you could not use it on your right wrist, unless you only have a pulse on your left ;)

Sam Swancutt

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Pair the strap to your phone and use whatever app you were using before (you can probably connect the apps then...)
I usually swap the band to the other wrist when I sleep (to give the skin a rest)
left or right wrist is fine... display inward or outward also seems fine ;)

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Nope, not possible.

This morning I ran 4 miles with the Band on my right hand, and the Apple Watch on my left. No issues whatsoever.
I'm thinking a therapist can help with this. :sweaty:

Pair the strap to your phone and use whatever app you were using before (you can probably connect the apps then...)
Pair a strap with the phone? Very cool -- didn't know that was possible. Wait...of course, Bluetooth HRMs (wait, didn't the OP just say that? DOH)! That is cool.

-Matt

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking a therapist can help with this. :sweaty:

I looked like a freakin' freak this morning... Band on right wrist, Watch on left, iPhone 6 Plus (yea, PLUS) in my right hand, small pepper spray shooter (lots of pitbulls in my area..) in my left hand... what a funny scene... :) I think I should account for more calories burned with all that crap on me! Lol...

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi guy I looking for a fitness tracker, I don't care for to much fancy stuff only, sleep analysis and heart rate monitor 24/7 , also I want keep using my regulars time pieces... so here is the questions.

Thanks!!!

1. As others have said......no. I use a different tracker for my HR strap or MIO Fuse for a second opinion on HR. Could also pair either of them with a phone app.

2. Sure, I've slept with it every night since November. Always been quite comfortable for me.

3. Yes. One potential issue is that most fitness trackers are sort of meant to be worn on your non-dominant arm. This helps to keep down the number of phantom steps due to the higher level of movement in the dominant hand. That said, I've been wearing mine on my right arm for some time now, and my Garmin Fenix 3 on the left arm. The Garmin still consistently out-reports the Band on step count.

ulices

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks you all guys have been realy helful, know on the use of a second HR monitor,there is any way to put that informations (only workouts) in the Micosoft healp app ? of course I asume that have to modify the one that is recive by the bans sensor... sorry for so many questions.
thanks

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I found chest strap devices to be very cumbersome, so for me a wrist device for HR is far,far superior. Wearing it all night has never been a problem. The only issue I have heard mentioned is that a few people find it uncomfortable while typing, but I think that can be solved with the right ergonomic set up.

It may not be quite as accurate and granular as some other HR monitors, but it is accurate enough to answer the big questions affirmatively, namely
1) How hard did I exert myself just now compared to my other work outs?
2) If I want to exercise in a certain zone or stop/start again when my HR rises/drops to a given level, can it give me the feedback to know which zone I am in at a given point in time?

My guess is that unless you are really training at an extraordinarily high level or a professional athlete, or a technology geek, most people would try the secondary HR monitoring for a brief time and then conclude that it wasn't necessary.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. I'm thinking no, but hopefully someone can answer.

I have, for over 4 months, and for me it's not a problem at all. But everyone is different...

Sure. Some people use two monitors, so one on one hand, one on the other. This morning I ran 4 miles with the Band on my right hand, and the Apple Watch on my left. No issues whatsoever.

Pretty much what he said. I sleep with mine on and when I'm sleep, its a non issue. If you are light sleeper then, maybe. I just like looking at the graphs to see what my night was. Rested vs Light sleep.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!!!

1- People are reporting that the Band is very accurate and close to a HR chest strap. In my use with it, I found it very close until I got over 165bpm. I'm no elite athlete, just an average joe. I tried wearing the strap 24x7 and just couldn't do it. Was too annoying. Would rather wear the Band by itself.

2-I didn't have any problems sleeping with it.

3-Unless your pulse is different on your right side vs left...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99