Microsoft Band and phone does not automatically connect after BT signal lost

nismonet

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! I have Microsoft Band for two days. My phone and my band does not connect automatically after Bluetooth signal lost f.e. when I leave my phone at home and go for the running. When I come back I have to connect both devices manually. Bluetooth connection is stable and I do not have any other problems.

My devices:

• Microsoft Band: Build Version 10.2.2818.0 09 R
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520 with Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 (02540.00019.14522.26002 / 8.10.15116.125)

Is it normal behavior or there is a problem with my band or my phone?

WharncliffeOwl

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't sound right to me. Sometimes by mistake I leave my phone on my desk at work at lunchtime and leave the building. I have never even thought about having to reconnect the band and phone back together. It must just do it automatically because everything has always worked fine when I've returned to work.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I found that after losing the connection to the phone (due to large proximity, etc...) the band itself won't reconnect to the phone. But as soon a notification on the phone comes in, that will reconnect to the band automatically without problems. Also, if no notification comes in, it seems like the health app connects about every 30 minutes for syncing, same with trying to use Cortana on the band, this triggers the band to connect again, so there should be no problem.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Mine eventually re-connects. but not straight away.

Yes, I see that as well. Most noticeable when exiting sleep mode and then a few minutes later the notification for things that came in over night start appearing. But I don't think it takes any longer than 5 minutes.

This may be just part of the Band's battery saving strategy. To connect immediately means something is going to have to poll continuously. That chews up battery.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
yup I understand what you mean. I also think the Band is always in receive mode, not polling the phone. but the phone will activate the Band and trigger an alert etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3