Show My Band

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Looks pretty, but alot of wasted space just to show pretty pics, lol Nice app that was quick and easy to build in his short time at build conference.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
That is why I went to a windows Lumia635 every thing works so smooth much better than my android phone did :wink:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Try being a Band user on iOS... lol...

The common preconception is that most ios users are well "Misguided" :p.

Not everyone is misguided just some are... well... how to put it...just.. daft :grincry: but unfortunately that extrapolates to a lot of people evident by the insane hours the horde of people wait in line just to get a phone - which they could have gotten delivered to their front door.

For example I was talking to a passerby at pedestrian (who was jogging) crossing waiting on the cars to stop - I noticed he was wearing an Apple watch and a normal watch so I asked him a few questions.

Such as what he used it for and so on; when the topic of battery life came up - he said - I quote:

it's just like your every day normal watch like this one (holding up his wrist - he was wearing a Seiko watch as well :grincry: - [think it was a Sportura - on the same wrist]), which you charge every half day and the Apple watch is no different
. Deep down at that moment I didn't whether to roll over laughing onto the following traffic or bite my tongue off.

So I asked him if he had tried the Microsoft band which has a battery life over two days or so depending on usage, his remark was:

that toy, (scoffs) naah doesn't do 1/3 of stuff this beauty does (again raising his wrist)

Then his thoughts on the Galaxy Gear or Moto 360:

Far too big and clunky

I felt like asking "So how do you charge your Seiko?" just to see what his response was but I didn't and let him jog on since the traffic had stopped and I had a bus to catch.

Now I'm not saying every ios user is that daft, however the responses some of them come out with when put on the spot; would make you double back and what makes it even more hilarious is that they say it with such conviction as if it is normal or their life depended on it.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
The common preconception is that most ios users are well "Misguided" :p.

Not everyone is misguided just some are... well... how to put it...just.. daft :grincry: but unfortunately that extrapolates to a lot of people evident by the insane hours the horde of people wait in line just to get a phone - which they could have gotten delivered to their front door.

I totally understand... But I'm not one of them.. :)

I actually have both the Band AND the Apple Watch, and I have been using both since I got my Watch on April 24th. I did put out a big post on what I thought about each, and for me the jury is still out. There are things that the Watch does that I wish the Band did, and vice-versa. I run 3-4 times a week, and I wear both when I do.

And I do hate the people that buy into Apple just "because it's from Apple", without having a clue about what the device will actually do for them. They are blinded by fruit... :)

So I'm still using both, and I haven't decided either way yet. I want to make sure I'm making the right decision, but I'm thinking I am among the very few that is taking their time...

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Ah, good! Still on the fence! :grin:

​-Matt

Yep... might even stick with both... somehow...

What I like about the Band: sleep monitoring, UV sensor (had skin cancer twice)

What I like about the Watch: stays connected to my iPhone better than the Band, bigger display means it sorta looks like a "real" watch

And after a few weeks I've found that neither one has an edge on battery life, they seem the same, or close to it. But I'll still keep comparing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3