MS Band Users on Strava

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I joined as well. I'm a mountain biker, so I'm sure my "stats" won't compare. Most of my road rides are high or low gear training (aka torture). Thanks for starting this!

Is there a way to keep my treadmill sessions from syncing with Strava? It seems both "workout" and "run" seem to sync.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I joined as well. I'm a mountain biker, so I'm sure my "stats" won't compare. Most of my road rides are high or low gear training (aka torture). Thanks for starting this!

Is there a way to keep my treadmill sessions from syncing with Strava? It seems both "workout" and "run" seem to sync.

Not that I can see. I track my walks, mainly just to see where I have been but also to calibrate the steps. These all show on Strata, so I have to go in and delete them or make them private.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm not that interested in the comparisons. I just thought it might be handy to have a group on Strava for Band users to discuss Band issues and Strava.

I don't know of a way to selectively sync certain kinds of data to Strava. It looks like everything goes, even if its just a time for "workout".

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here in N Texas. Rain and threatening rain every time I get a chance to ride. I cant complain though, we have been needing it.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What client is everyone using for Stava viewing on their WP? I've been using Kliva, as I find it the most visually pleasing.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Strava on my phone often, when I do, I user CycloMeter. Its not the prettiest, but it has some great features. Upload to Strava is a paid add-on. You can also export your data to a file on OneDrive (I think also a paid add-on, but cheap).

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Does CycloMeter allow you to view Stava users profiles, timelines, etc? The actual uploading and such isn't useful for me as I just let the band upload the data directly.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Does CycloMeter allow you to view Stava users profiles, timelines, etc? The actual uploading and such isn't useful for me as I just let the band upload the data directly.

No, its not a history viewer. I don't ever do that on the phone, but I suspect the mobile web site would work.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with Kliva at the moment. I have no need to upload from my phone, as the Band/MS Health do that perfectly. An added bonus is the Strava app interprets the calories burned itself, as opposed to using the completely absurd MS Health calories burned readings.

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Just joined too. I'm not sure how many miles I'll log as I've always used my Garmin for tracking runs, but will see how I get on using the Band as well.

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Is there any reason why Strava would be showing a shorter distance recorded than theBand has recorded?

I did a run last night and it shows as 3.52 miles on the Band and on MS Health, my Garmin also recorded pretty much the same distance. However, when it synced with Strava the distance has dropped to 3.4 miles.

I can understand small discrepencies between physical devices, but I would expect the distance uploaded to be the same as recorded on the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon