iPhone Microsoft Band App

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How is it going? :)

I just submitted the 2.0 update to the store. As I said before, this release will only include options to view the sensor readings from the app. I've also added a clock to the preview window when adjusting your wallpaper so that you know what it will look like on the band.

Here are the next items in the queue:
- Ability to set schedule to check certain sensors in the background (need to investigate if this is possible)
- Ability to export readings to a spreadsheet (possibly integrate with Google Drive/SkyDrive/Dropbox to append new data)
- Ability to view sensor information from tile on band (only ones that aren't already surfaced)

Any other suggestions? What feature should I tackle for the 2.1 release?

Just search for Band Companion in the app store!

Thanks,
Harry

alucard2100

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Band flashlight would be easy to add, I assume? Just a white color tile which is not turning off?

And for 3.0 release it would be really nice to have any of the following features:
1. Smart alarm
2. Walk reminder
3. Find my phone
4. Music control
5. Camera control

:))

Thanks for your hard work :)

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I completely understand the hesitation to pay 1.99 when other apps are free. However, I've gone the free route with other apps before and there isn't enough money in ad supported apps to justify making constant updates/improvements. After putting several weeks of work in the app, I thought it would be best to charge. Would someone be more comfortable paying less? I plan on releasing an update in the coming weeks that will show the real-time data on the sensors.

Don't sell yourself short. A couple bucks is nothing. I'll be telling my wife about your app, since she has been jealous of my ability to change my wallpaper through my Icon.

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't sell yourself short. A couple bucks is nothing. I'll be telling my wife about your app, since she has been jealous of my ability to change my wallpaper through my Icon.

Thanks, I appreciate it! As an update, Version 2.0 update was submitted to Apple on 5/27. I am hoping it will not take much longer for them to approve!

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok, just got it. It seems that body temp is quite low. Getting 85 deg for body temp. Is this normal for Band?

Are you able to add galvanic skin sensor readings?

Last, if a user makes a mistake and taps connect to Band twice, spinning gear never goes away. It should tell you that its already connected or just bypass.

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just got it. It seems that body temp is quite low. Getting 85 deg for body temp. Is this normal for Band?

Are you able to add galvanic skin sensor readings?

Last, if a user makes a mistake and taps connect to Band twice, spinning gear never goes away. It should tell you that its already connected or just bypass.

I was consistently getting a reading in the 80's. When I went on a run outside, this reading did increase significantly, but I would never expect it to increase to internal body temp range. As of now, GSR is not available in the SDK. I've seen a Windows Phone app include this reading, but I am not sure how they were able to access it.

Good catch on the "Connect" issue. I completely overlooked that and I will have it fixed in the next update.

Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

-Harry

aardvarkie

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Got 100 for skin temp on my first try indoors and just tired it again after working out for an hour and its 102. I pretty much bought the app just to see the hidden sensor data.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what you guys are seeing.... on my iPhone I got the update to Microsoft Health 1.3.10528.

Where did version 2.o come from????? Unless you're talking about a different app....

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am in the process of writing functionality that will allow you to export sensor data in CSV format. How would you expect this functionality to work? Should you be able to pick which sensor data to export? Should it be all sensor data? Should it be separate CSV files depending on the sensor? What are your thoughts?

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My next update will be coming within the next week or two (pending approval process from Apple). I will be giving options to export data from your sensor data. I'm hoping to also have a new tile or two in the next update.

In celebration of this, I am having a 1 day sale in the app store...today, 7/14... for 99 cents. Give it a download and let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Harry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99