iPhone Microsoft Band App

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just released a Microsoft Band app in the iOS app store, "Band Companion". For now, it allows you to change the wallpaper and theme on the band. New features coming soon. Suggestions are welcomed!

Unfortunately I do not have enough posts to put a link in the forums, so please give it a search.

Thanks!

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
OMG, Telling my friend about this right now, lol She jealous of al the cool apps on windows phone and to change wallpaper :) thanks!!

bklyneddie

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Wow it's $1.99.
And hate to say but it sounds like Band Buddy it does
just about the same things. And Band Buddy is free.
But it's good to see more IO apps for the band.

g2red89

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
if there is a way that allows you to respond to texts then I'd gladly pay for it, but not until then. I heard it's impossible on ios but I remain hopeful.

NinerJet9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I like to see music controls. I'm not afraid of $1.99 price tag either as long as you're not trying to poach data from my phone like the other freebie apps are probably doing.

alucard2100

May 8, 2015
Visit site
That's really cool. I would gladly buy it when it has more functionality. As for suggestions, please read the link to Ios app ideas which was posted above.

Also, Walk reminder is really nice latest app for Windows phone. It reminds to get up and walk when you're sitting too long. You can change how often you want to be reminded to get up and also the range of time to get those reminders. For example you can set it to remind you to walk every hour if you don't take more than 100 steps.
Can you do something similar for Iphone?

Also, in order to promote your app I would recommend you to post in Reddit Microsoftband subreddit, it's quite active too.

I can't post links as well, so you have to search for them.

erichyde43

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Nice to see another iOS Band dev here! Its a VERY small community right now, so collaboration might not be bad. Or at least bouncing code snippets back and forth.

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I completely understand the hesitation to pay 1.99 when other apps are free. However, I've gone the free route with other apps before and there isn't enough money in ad supported apps to justify making constant updates/improvements. After putting several weeks of work in the app, I thought it would be best to charge. Would someone be more comfortable paying less? I plan on releasing an update in the coming weeks that will show the real-time data on the sensors.

alucard2100

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Just bought it. It does what it should do, no issues for me. On a band preview adjustment area, can you also draw clock digits and step counter? This way you can immediately see which part of the image would be covered by digits.

Thanks for your work :)

Waiting for real-time sensors, especially temperature :)

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just bought it. It does what it should do, no issues for me. On a band preview adjustment area, can you also draw clock digits and step counter? This way you can immediately see which part of the image would be covered by digits.

Thanks for your work :)

Waiting for real-time sensors, especially temperature :)

Absolutely! I have the clock preview in the next update I am working on. I'm about 50% done on the sensors. Thank you for the download!

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just as a quick status, I will be hopefully submitting an update later this week to include sensor data. The sensors will include gyroscope, accelerometer, body temp, heart rate, speed, calories and UV.

Just search "Band Companion" in the app store.

Thanks!
Harry

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
.............an update later this week to include sensor data. The sensors will include gyroscope, accelerometer, body temp, heart rate, speed, calories and UV.....

Does the iOS app just receive the live stream or sync, or both?

Will there be a tile for Band to allow one to see the sensor readings?

Also, will the app be able to export the data (e.g., Excel) or just live in the app?

Thanks

Harry Mayeux

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Does the iOS app just receive the live stream or sync, or both?

Will there be a tile for Band to allow one to see the sensor readings?

Also, will the app be able to export the data (e.g., Excel) or just live in the app?

Thanks

I'm working on the updates in smaller increments. I'd rather get incremental updates out quickly rather than large updates more slowly.

- In the update that I mentioned, I am only doing a live stream from the Band.
- For a tile, I'd be interested in which sensor tile people feel would be interesting to see on the band.
- I don't have any limitations that would prohibit me from exporting to excel, but I actually hadn't thought about the value.

I am completely open to suggestions.

Thanks!
Harry

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
If its live stream only, how does one establish trends? Do you plan to have a capture/save mode while streaming, and have plotting capabilities within your app - hence asking for excel out put.

While my wife and I are done with newborns, tracking body temperature maybe of value to women trying, or if one is getting sick, temperature is an early indicator so tracking variability day-to-day may provide heads up to reduce the impact of onset ills for common cold/flu.

If you are able to get Galvanic skin response readings, that would help people manage stress level at different times or hydration conditions that they can map out over a course of the day/week and adjust water consumption or manage stressful situations better.

In all cases, historical look via plot (in your app or via export so one can plot) is desirable.

alucard2100

May 8, 2015
Visit site
There are only 3 3rd party apps available for iOS. Just search for "Microsoft band" in the AppStore and you will see them. But the only thing they do right now is changing your wallpaper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss