How use the Band during workouts session

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, how do you use the Band during workouts session?
One record for the entire session? or one record for every workout?
When do you use the pause function?
after every workout? or when?

Just started lifting and I'm not so sure how to use the Band at is best

Thanks

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Using the workout tile I start the band at start of workout and stop it when I have finished.
I don't pause between different lifts as I monitor heart rate and rest time.

If you use a downloaded workout it includes rest periods between exercises and tells you to rest and start again.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I turn on my workout monitor when I leave the locker room go do all my workouts and shut off the monitor when I get back to the locker room, I monitor the whole session. :evil:

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Using the workout tile I start the band at start of workout and stop it when I have finished.
I don't pause between different lifts as I monitor heart rate and rest time.

If you use a downloaded workout it includes rest periods between exercises and tells you to rest and start again.

I turn on my workout monitor when I leave the locker room go do all my workouts and shut off the monitor when I get back to the locker room, I monitor the whole session. :evil:

That's the way that makes the most sense to me. However, I also have an Amiigo fitness band that automatically senses each exercise as you perform it, and breaks the workout down to so many minutes bicep curls, so many minutes bicycle crunches, etc. It deducts whatever rest time you have between sets or exercises from the total workout time. Not sure that I agree with that approach, since your hr remains elevated to some extent during that rest time (and I'm talking even seconds, not like 15 minutes or a half hour, if you're not performing the exercise, it deducts the time).

I guess its up to you, but if you start and stop for each exercise performed, I don't believe you'll get adequate credit for calories burned for the total workout. It'd be interesting to try it both ways and compare.

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys.
I admit that I started using the band with a record for every exercise and pause between reps, then record exercise group whitout pause.
Usually I do some bike to warm-up and I record it with the bike tile.
These evening I will use one record for the entire session ;)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit