Please help (Armor Shield)

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I can't for the life of me keep a corner from coming up on the band I love the device but when the protective film comes up I have to change and I wait 12+ hrs before use. Is there a dumb (smart) trick I am not aware of?

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I cut a little piece off each corner before installing. It doesn't completely fix the problem but slows it down at least.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
No solution that I know of, short of cutting the protector shorter so it doesn't cover those curved portions. Every protector I have tried (and I've tried several) has the same problem. Actually, the one that I've found to stay on the best is the Zagg (the one that used to come bundled with the Band). And once I discovered that you can wet-install it, positioning the Zagg became so much easier!

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Corners are coming up on mine as well. I'm going to try cutting some of corners a little next time since I got an extra one with the replacement. The main problem I see is that they cut it so exact.

I also found the Zagg to last longer. I didn't see the wet install until some time after I already had the Armor Shield. Probably the same post that Nate saw.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the black Armor Guard off Amazon and used the wet method to apply it to my band. I don't know if it was just beginners luck, but mine went on with a perfect fit with no extra flapage hanging over. I've been wearing mine every day for over a month and see/feel no problems along the edges yet.

The only thing I didn't do was use a blow dryer to gently warm the clear screen to shrink/tighten it. I haven't had enough hair for over a decade to need a hair dryer. :p

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine did peal up rather quickly suspect you were very lucky, I did also use the body armor from armorsuit and it has been on for several months and no sign of peeling

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Military Shield from ArmorSuit and if I had managed to get it perfectly aligned it would be perfect. Just a little overhang on one edge which I've trimmed with an xacto. Been that way for a month.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had so-so results with ArmorSheild, but much better than the Zagg. They seem to have had a lot of warranty returns because in the last box, I got two protectors on the same backing paper. What I've found that helps is that when a corner starts to peel up significantly, I peel it up a bit more then spritz the underside with the application spray and press it back down. Even as a very active sleeper (when the protector seems to want to peel up mostly) I've been on one protector for about 3 months with just a little bit of peeling at the very tip of the corners.

I hope in the rumored next version MS decides to use gorilla glass so we don't have to deal with this nonsense.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had so-so results with ArmorSheild, but much better than the Zagg. They seem to have had a lot of warranty returns because in the last box, I got two protectors on the same backing paper. What I've found that helps is that when a corner starts to peel up significantly, I peel it up a bit more then spritz the underside with the application spray and press it back down. Even as a very active sleeper (when the protector seems to want to peel up mostly) I've been on one protector for about 3 months with just a little bit of peeling at the very tip of the corners.

I hope in the rumored next version MS decides to use gorilla glass so we don't have to deal with this nonsense.

Its easy to fit a screen protector to protect just the screen, and it does away with the corner lifting too. The issue is the shiny plastic bezel that scratches so readily. If we're lucky enough to see a second iteration of the Band, Gorilla Glass would be nice, but I'd most like to see a different bezel material, or perhaps the whole screen surface of curved Gorilla glass.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
it really depends on how one uses it. I had three screen protectors on so far since I bought it in Nov. the first two after a month or two the corners would come off slightly from getting into my pockets, sleeping with it and having my arm under the pillow. The last two were AmorSuit protectors and the most recent one is holding longer so far without signs of coming off. Of course, now that I wrote this it will happen within days...

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I only had my band for two days and only wore it for a few hours each day and noticed scratches right away on the bezel. I agree with Nate Silver in that the bezel needs to be more scratch resistant or just have all of the front be gorilla glass. I stopped wearing my band until my armor shield kit arrived.

t.mehoves

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried Armor Shield yet, but I have tried Zagg and Skinomi. The first one I got was Zagg and I fudged it up with all the layers. I then got a Skinomi 6 pack for the same price ($9.99) that works pretty good so far. I only bought it for emergency's when I need a new protector and I'm waiting on Zagg to send me a replacement. Too early to tell on peeling, but so far so good.

oezkanp

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
You will not believe but:
I have the original protector since over a half year. If a corner comes up i remove it and wash it under warm water. After it is dry again it is like new and you can put it again on the band.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Me and my big mouth/fat fingers! Yesterday I must have really rubbed up against something hard and suddenly. One corner of the glass cover isn't just peeled up, it's mangled up and rubbed away. Crap!

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
On my 3rd cut it a little short will wash it and try next time. I try and show off ms devices but when my screen protector is coming up doesn't help mu case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb