I was running and ended my run by accident (wanted to Pause it). I started a New rum from the same location where i paused

Is there a way to combine the two runs into the actual on long run?
    05-25-2015 03:40 PM
    Not that I know of. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, since I've done the same thing a few times, but I've never found a way to merge activities.
    05-25-2015 04:51 PM
    You can't even edit a run, so I'd think you couldn't combine 2 runs. I HATE the fact that you can't edit a run... as far as if you know you ran more/less than the Band tracked.
    05-25-2015 08:40 PM
    Daniela, those guys ^^^ are right (sadly). A recent trick I learned is to immediately tap the power button after you pause, to "turn off" the touchscreen. Then you should be able to do what you please without worrying the run will accidentally end -- you can just tap power again, select "continue" an be on your merry way.

My gut feeling is we won't see "edit run" anywhere in the near future, based on the impression that it opens up the system to a variety of new issues, e.g., how to reconcile two original "fragmented" runs with a new "combined" run, how to prevent people from abusing the system (and creating fake run data), etc. From a programming standpoint the logic is pretty simple, but I'm afraid MS is sticking with the easy solution.

-Matt
    05-25-2015 09:38 PM
    I was running and ended my run by accident (wanted to Pause it). I started a New rum from the same location where i paused

Is there a way to combine the two runs into the actual on long run?
    if you can export them both as gpx, you can merge them together
    05-25-2015 09:46 PM
    My gut feeling is we won't see "edit run" anywhere in the near future, based on the impression that it opens up the system to a variety of new issues, e.g., how to reconcile two original "fragmented" runs with a new "combined" run, how to prevent people from abusing the system (and creating fake run data), etc. From a programming standpoint the logic is pretty simple, but I'm afraid MS is sticking with the easy solution.

-Matt
    And just so you know, Apple doesn't let you edit runs, or any other workout, as far as I can see. They have you run 4-5 times with your iPhone in hand (because it needs the GPS), then it will calibrate Just as the Band would.

And I don't worry too much about "fake runs". I just want these darn things to be (somewhat) accurate!!!
    gadgetrants likes this.
    05-25-2015 10:22 PM
    Thank you guys.
    Thats what I thought.

Its not too bad. But actually yesterday I was going out for getting the newest longest run.

Doesnt mind..

Next time I will use the trick with the "power off" button.

Thanks and enjoy running
    gadgetrants likes this.
    05-26-2015 02:43 AM
    You can export the TCX file from MapMyRun.
    You can export the GPX file from Strava
    Not sure how you combine then, but someone previously said you can combine then.
    Don't know if you can import then into the dashboard. But after you combine then, you can import them into runkeeper, endomondo, or probably MapMyrun and strava.
    Hope this helps.
    05-26-2015 07:43 AM
    You can export the TCX file from MapMyRun.
    You can export the GPX file from Strava
    Not sure how you combine then, but someone previously said you can combine then.
    Don't know if you can import then into the dashboard. But after you combine then, you can import them into runkeeper, endomondo, or probably MapMyrun and strava.
    Hope this helps.
    Unfortunately it's a one-way trip from the Band to the Dashboard -- no way to alter a run/workout once it's synced. However, merging them should be straightforward -- I would imagine you open up both files (e.g., TCX or GPX) and by inspecting either one, you can see how/where each specific Band reading is recorded -- you'd then just copy the sequence of readings from the second run segment (leaving out the header and end of the file) and paste it into the first. I suspect there are even simple merge apps out there, e.g., check out the post by Brian Lucido:

https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/2...-Combine-Rides
    Combine GPX or TCX files for Garmin or Strava

-Matt
    05-26-2015 08:13 AM
    Thanks again.

Combining them in 3rd party apps is fine.. but i want to use health app. or lets say: I want to use one app and not many to track my fitness.
    06-10-2015 05:53 AM
    This is what I figured as well. Today, it stopped my runs twice. I did forget to turn off the screen.

You'd think someone could write some logic in the dashboard to noticed the time end, time start, location end, and location start are so close together that you can merge the runs and not open them up to any additional editing.

Or maybe confirm with a swipe to end the run..
    gadgetrants likes this.
    07-07-2015 10:59 AM
    This is what I figured as well. Today, it stopped my runs twice. I did forget to turn off the screen.

You'd think someone could write some logic in the dashboard to noticed the time end, time start, location end, and location start are so close together that you can merge the runs and not open them up to any additional editing.

Or maybe confirm with a swipe to end the run..
    Your so absolutly right!

Maybe they will put it into a software update... hopefully
    07-09-2015 09:02 AM