So what would you like to see in the Microsoft Band 2?

NBrookus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely do not want a curved screen. That part of my wrist is flat. A curve there would just bang into more stuff and get caught on more things and be even less comfortable. I do wish the screen weren't so long. Something more squarish would not poke out beyond the width of my arm. I'd be totally on board with something more like a wrist wrap and less like a handcuff if they could make it more flexible and lower profile for the non-display part.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely do not want a curved screen.

I'm hoping the screen itself remains flat, but starts to curve at the ends. Right now, the ends of the display module are completely off my wrist and "poke out". Getting those ends under control would go a long way to make the Band seem less clunky.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping the screen itself remains flat, but starts to curve at the ends. Right now, the ends of the display module are completely off my wrist and "poke out". Getting those ends under control would go a long way to make the Band seem less clunky.

What if the display will be flexible???? 😲.....probably not, but it would be cool

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This is a quirky addition, but a touch screen and speaker or Bluetooth audio connection that work with a preinstalled Band app that lets the wearer play their musical instrument of choice. Keytar on The Band.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
"Big Note (and disclaimer): The list above is based on discussions, but since the improved device is still in testing, some of these things could change – possibly even drastically."

​Can they cite any firm sources?

Good to know. Paul's "inside" info is most generally good, and it makes sense that MS would follow up on a product that turned out to be popular beyond their expectations. I'll be looking forward to Band II, and whatever new features it brings to the table!

NBrookus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

But for users with larger wrists (which probably significantly outnumbers those of us with small ones, at least in the western parts of the world), curving at the ends would cause the display to stand off away from the wrist, create two pressure points and detach the sensors from the skin.

A fully flexible screen would be awesome, but I suspect we are some years away from that. Especially since all the guts of the device would have to flex, too.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
As much as I hate to propose this, since it will probably get shot down HARD, what about going to a more conventional form factor? Something more square and wide, not so narrow and thin? Takes away from the "Band" marketing, but seeing as this was a test device and just to test sensors and market interest, what about a new name and form factor? I know it's a bit of an outlandish idea, but would it hurt? People are expressing interest in 2.0 anyway.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As much as I hate to propose this, since it will probably get shot down HARD, what about going to a more conventional form factor? Something more square and wide, not so narrow and thin? Takes away from the "Band" marketing, but seeing as this was a test device and just to test sensors and market interest, what about a new name and form factor? I know it's a bit of an outlandish idea, but would it hurt? People are expressing interest in 2.0 anyway.

This is not outlandish at all. I think they could make the screen wider allowing for a 2x2 or 2x3 tile interface. If they could slim it down that would be great. Part of the reason I never got one is because it looked so bulky compared to my fitbit, albeit the band has 10 times the functionality. Use a bigger screen (maybe curved), make it wider and thinner and I'd buy one.

ravipiero

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
- better design
- waterproof
- smart alarm (ala Jawbone)
- idle alert
- more workout option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
yeah, but TV's started our square... then people realized our eyes are designed to see panoramic, so now things are widescreen.

But it's all personal preference. For me, if worn on the side of the wrist, this layout is perfect. My Galaxy Gear was worn for 2 days.. now its in a drawer.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Less bulky. No more battery in the strap. Give me straps that are fully flexible so I get a better fit. Give the screen a slight curve so it doesn't stand out as much on the ends.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750