sleep not detected on some nights

Teeceman

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I just had the same occurrence for last nights sleep not being detected... I will need to test further to see if it is an ongoing issue.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The band only considers that you are sleeping when your pulse rate goes down to a certain point. If the band doesn't record on some nights it just means that your pulse rate are just not enough to trigger sleep, which may be result of some thing else like anxiety, depression.
I might not be right though, the band won't be always that accurate.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well several days ago my sleep monitor went from auto detecting (after a firmware update) to back to having to manual start and stop. I am wondering if I need to uninstall reinstall Microsoft health or un-pair and re-pair the band or so a hard reset. I've tried a soft reset on the phone with no change. Ideas ? I have 1520 on ATT on 8.1.1

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I know it's stating the obvious, but when you go to bed after midnight it counts as that day...

omgu guys are right. I have been sleeping passed 12. In fact I've been sleeping 2-3 am because of what mjyumping said; depression/anxiety. I have a lot on my plate right now, and I've been doing a lot of bad habits-- eating heavy meals midnight, slowly gaining weight, school, work and drugs. Ok JK about drugs, but that could lead to that.

Gonna try to sleep early

kbboykin

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm not depressed nor do I have anxiety. I go to bed BEFORE midnight. My old band last detected on 6/4 and I exchanged it for a new band on 6/6 and everything was reset at the Microsoft Store. It WILL NOT auto detect (my Fitbit Charge HR does just fine detecting). The last sleep was when I set the button myself. I am sleeping > 2 hrs. So what other thoughts as none of what's written/suggested here are an answer for me.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I'd ever trust a device that assumes I'm asleep. I've had the Band since January, and I think I've only forgotten to trigger Sleep mode 2 or 3 times. I did forget to do it last week, my son was sick and I forgot to turn Sleep mode on. And of course it didn't detect my sleep, so I'll do it manually...

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So what other thoughts as none of what's written/suggested here are an answer for me.

Since your Band is newish (6/6), has it been updated to the latest firmware yet? It likely has but worth checking. The sleep detection only came in an update.

I've had mixed success with the auto tracking but atm I'm up a few times in the night with baby business.

kbboykin

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Since your Band is newish (6/6), has it been updated to the latest firmware yet? It likely has but worth checking. The sleep detection only came in an update.

I've had mixed success with the auto tracking but atm I'm up a few times in the night with baby business.

Yes, it auto updated at the Microsoft Store as tech was checking it before I left. The funny thing is the old band was doing wonderfully up until 6/3, then just stopped auto detecting. I was hoping replacing it would help (it was falling apart, I workout a lot and it was still under warranty)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

And the update bringing auto detection should not have disappeared or quit functioning. But a phone soft reset didn't change anything for me. Has anyone else tried the soft reset or deleted the MS health and reinstalled or un paired and then re-paired the band?

kbboykin

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Well last night for the first time since 6/4/15, my band detected my sleep. It picked up from 8:49 PM to 11:39 PM when I woke up. I'll have to wait and see if it picked up when I fell back asleep after midnight.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I haven't previously had issues with the auto-detected sleep, but I usually try to make sure to manually activate sleep mode. I forgot to turn on the sleep mode two nights ago. I kept checking throughout the day yesterday, but the sleep period never registered as "detected."

I did notice a strange thing when I was looking for my detected sleep. The last detected sleep was from the morning of 6/1, but the strange thing is that there are two sleep periods recorded for that date that overlap. One shows from about 12:30 to about 5:15 when I woke up to let my dogs outside. The other shows about 12:30 to about 7:00 when I was actually waking up for the day. The graph that shows times I woke during the night match up, so the same data was used.

I don't know why the first sleep session was reported since the analysis of the data recocgnized that my sleep session lasted another hour and 45 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb