does ms band work on treadmill ?

Mohamed Abdul

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
how accurate is it. some forums are saying that if you don't swing your arms it wont work properly. is this true ?
how do u print your workouts ?

Mark Barbieri

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
You should calibrate it first with a run or walk (whatever you do on treadmill). Calibrate it by using the gps during a run/walk outside. This should get it in the ballpark. I do a 6 mile run at 6.6mph (treadmill) and the MB may be ahead about .5 miles. I just minimize the MB arm for a few seconds every now and then to get in back in sync.

I believe you have to export the workout to excel or CSV and then print the exported data from there.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I believe you have to export the workout to excel or CSV and then print the exported data from there.

To add a word or two to Mark's post...you cannot export a whole single workout from the Microsoft system. At best, from the web Dashboard you can download a summary description, with things like average/peak HR and total distance/time. On the other hand, there are various alternative routes to download all the data from a single workout -- one is to use the UnBand app, and another is to sync with something like mapmyrun and get it from there (including GPS data).

-Matt

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I do most of my running on a treadmill, and what I've found is that the band is anywhere between .04 to .08 miles slower than my fitness center's treadmills for each mile I run. Today I did 4 on the treadmill. My Band said I did 3.82. It's even worse on an elliptical, but that can be understandable as there's as much impact.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
When I first used my Band on the treadmill this past January, I did a 3 mile run at 8:30 pace, and the Band said I did about 2 miles or so (forgot the actual distance) and at a 10:30 pace. Now that I've done a ton of runs outdoors when I do a treadmill run it's almost spot-on.

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Does the band reconcile your steps with GPS? If that's the case, I don't know how much it's going to help me because my neighborhood has a ton of steep hills so my pace is all over the place when I run outside. I wonder if I can just run on a track to help calibrate my band.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
That might be helpful. I still have trouble seeing just how doing the 'gps learning' makes treadmill pace estimation better. It seems like unless you maintain the same pace on the treadmill as you do outside, it still wouldn't be accurate. Or am I missing the concept that with gps training, the Band is able to adjust your running or walking pace against a given "known" pace?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes