What do you lose on other platforms?

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm pondering getting a Band. While I like the various health functions, what really sets Band apart, IMO, is the non-health integration: texting, phone ID, mail, weather, etc. I know Cortana is WinPhone only, as is replying to texts. What else do you lose, if you use a Band with, say, iPhone?

FWIW, I ask because I'm pondering switching back to iPhone when my contract is up in August. I'm not unhappy w/ Windows Phone, so much as caving to the reality that I have four kids with iPods for whom I need to manage access to various apps, music, etc. as well as Messages and Game Center advantages. Really, it will probably depend on what the future looks like for the future of Windows 10 for Phones, by the end of the summer.

I like the look of the Band and what I saw of it at the Microsoft Store, a while back (no Store, locally). I just don't want to be disappointed in 3-4 months, if I end up switching mobile platform.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I "think" for the iPhone, we don't have the keyboard for messaging, and also there are plenty more 3rd-party apps that are on WP than iOS.

Hopefully someone else can add/subtract from this...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss