Connect to Build10136

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem connecting their band to a phone running the new Windows Phone 10 Build 10136?

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay, never mind, after a number of attempts, turning off Bluetooth and then pairing I finally got it. Phew!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
experience with the last build was bad. most of the notifications would not work. After updating the OS it is definitely recommended to start from scratch with the band. open MS health app, unregister band, uninstall MS Health app, delete band from BT connections and reset the band. Start over as if you got a new band. This will ensure all hiccups related to the upgrade are eliminated.

I am giving this a test ride now myself.

edit1: here is what I've done so far. Before going to W10 on my main phone (L830), I did the above on my L830. I then got my spare L520 up to 10136 and registered the Band with it.

It stays connected fine and syncs. However, so far I've only been getting notifications from email accounts and text messaging. FB messenger does not work (however, it may not have worked on 8.1 either - can't remember - lol). Still investigating what other things are not working.
Definitely better than on previous build so far.
I will report back when I find something else

other apps seem to work with notifications too. got a bunch of weather notifications just now. torrential rain here.

sometimes after boot it takes a long time for Bluetooth to show up. I have to force connect it to the Band. Other times it seems to work fine.

After reading experiences with the new build I am going to wait for one or two more before I switch on my L830 though.

Last edited:

Rhoyz

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
experience with the last build was bad. most of the notifications would not work. After updating the OS it is definitely recommended to start from scratch with the band. open MS health app, unregister band, uninstall MS Health app, delete band from BT connections and reset the band. Start over as if you got a new band. This will ensure all hiccups related to the upgrade are eliminated.

I am giving this a test ride now myself.

Let me know if it works.

Blkeagle

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
One thing I had issues with on my 1520 is when my LG Bluetooth headset and my band were connected at the same time. It wouldn't keep the connection to my band all the time, so I missed notifications.

I've since downgraded my 1520 back to 8.1 (as it's my primary phone).

~enjoy.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
For the first time use after resets the band, it's can receive notification from sms and email, but after use for some hour, notification is late and sometimes not working... If you want to use your band as notifier, don't use win 10 build 136. I have try and then roll back to 8.1 because the notification issue

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
For the first time use after resets the band, it's can receive notification from sms and email, but after use for some hour, notification is late and sometimes not working... If you want to use your band as notifier, don't use win 10 build 136. I have try and then roll back to 8.1 because the notification issue

I can confirm that it seems to work nicely initially but then lags and notifications are stuck. After forcing sync it will show the outdated notifications. I also just went back to 8.1 today because of that. Otherwise 10136 seems OK compared to previous builds.
cheers

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Replying to my own post. Will keep my phone on 10149 for a few days unless something critical comes along.

My last observation: I re-flashed my phone with 8.1 last night. While on 8.1 I turned off auto-update on Store. I only let the system apps update. I then let the phone update to the latest 8.1 on my L830 ( 8.10.14219). I then installed Windows Insider and let it update to W10 10149. I let it sit for 10 hours and when I got back everything seems to be working. I first had glance screen but lost that after another Store update (even though it was set to not autoupdate). Beyond the listed bugs with this build I haven't seen any issues. Purchased apps can be installed and run fine with the old Store app.

​Overall I am pleased with it. No major issues, such as battery drain or slow GUI, apps. Most importantly, my Band seems to work fine with 10149 for now. Notifications with the Band work but I have to continue observing what works and what not. Cortana isn't working as expected (sorry couldn't reach your phone).

day 1: battery life on my L830 is shorter. This may settle though (or at least I hope it does). Battery saver reports that music app and store app are using up most of the juice. That makes sense with all the updating and my large music library (my 64Gb SDCard is almost full). I disallowed them for now.
Most times band notifications come immediately just like on 8.1. A few times it takes some time before the notifications come to the Band. Sometimes the band gets the same notification twice when I open an app on the phone with notifications on.

day 3: battery life is wonky. sometimes it seems fine, then all of a sudden it drops substantially while getting very warm. The band is still getting notifications, however I sometimes get them delayed or then in multiples. The UI got very sluggish over time, seemed smooth initially but then showed stuttering etc. Going back to 8.1 now. I've tried but not ready yet for it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon